14 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2013 11:33 AM by Chris Cox

Photoshop cs6 crash

toonycards1

I keep getting an annoying crash every few minutes when using my tablet with cs6. I'm running windows 7 64 bit. every few minutes in the middle of work I get a box popping up saying could not reference mermory address click OK to close. I've tried making more memory available in preferences and also running the program as administrator but it still keeps happening. A friend of mine is also having the exact problem on his computer when using a tablet. Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Photoshop cs6 crash
          toonycards1 Level 1

Here is a screen shot of what pops up...On this occassion I was using the erasure brush when it happened. error.jpg

• 2. Re: Photoshop cs6 crash
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Provide exact system and crash info.

Working with your Operating System’s Tools

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Photoshop cs6 crash
              toonycards1 Level 1

Window 7 home premium sp1 64 bit

intel (R) core 2 Quad CPU

8gb ram

1.00 TB HDD

Asus graphics card EAH6670

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 13.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f61c045

Faulting module name: image_runtime.dll, version: 3.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x4f61ba37

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000000e164

Faulting process id: 0x1008

Faulting application start time: 0x01cea95b3faa8135

Faulting application path: C:\Users\Jon.OfficePC\Desktop\AdobeCS6Extended2\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Users\Jon.OfficePC\Desktop\AdobeCS6Extended2\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\image_runtime.dll

Report Id: 0ee03df7-155a-11e3-aa65-3860771466f0

• 4. Re: Photoshop cs6 crash
                Curt Y Level 7

You are crashing on this C:\Users\Jon.OfficePC\Desktop\AdobeCS6Extended2\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\image_runtime.dll

Not enough of a computer techie to decifer what this means.  Is it a particular image?

First effort would be to update your PS.  You are still on 13.0 version.  Click on PS Help/updates.

Hope this helps.

• 5. Re: Photoshop cs6 crash
                  toonycards1 Level 1

Tried running the update and it won't update..connects to adobe and starts updating then afterwards reports PS could not be updated Error Code: U44M1I210 ????

• 6. Re: Photoshop cs6 crash
                    Curt Y Level 7

That frequently occurs when it can't find the correct file.  Try another browser.

• 7. Re: Photoshop cs6 crash
                      toonycards1 Level 1

OK I uninstalled and re-installed CS6 and the update worked OK....But still having the same crash problem of the above memory reference. Seems CS6 doesn't like my tablet. Its really annoying as the last pen tablet I had worked OK except that it would all of a sudden go into this non stop drawing even when I lifted the pen,resulting in it scribbling all over my work and activating every window the curser came in contact with! So I bought a new tablet which works fine except now CS6 keep crashing every few minutes. Getting tiresome now

• 8. Re: Photoshop cs6 crash
                        Curt Y Level 7

If you do not get the crash with the tablet then that is the problem.  If you bought a new tablet and still have the same crash problem did you update the driver?  If so contact tablet maker and explain problem.  Many non-waccom tablets have problems with compatibility.

• 9. Re: Photoshop cs6 crash
                          toonycards1 Level 1

Yes I updated the tablet driver,but this then took away pressure sensitivety so had to re-install the original driver again for it to work in photoshop. I have heard others have had problems even using Waccom tablets. I will try to contact my tablet manufacturer. Can anyone suggest a reliable brand that works with CS6? I may have to buy another tablet and sell this one. I'm using a Hanvon GraphicPal GP0605

• 10. Re: Photoshop cs6 crash
                            toonycards1 Level 1

Looking at the event log and it says this..

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 13.1.2.0, time stamp: 0x50e86765

Faulting module name: image_runtime.dll, version: 3.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x50e85f85

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000000e164

Faulting process id: 0x1c64

Faulting application start time: 0x01ceaefbb41f5e4d

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\image_runtime.dll

Report Id: 00c2c3ce-1af2-11e3-a576-3860771466f0

• 11. Re: Photoshop cs6 crash
                              toonycards1 Level 1

Just browsing the Photoshop.com site and several  people are having issues with Tablets and CS6 even the Wacom tabet so must be something wrong with CS6 for it to happen on many different computers with different graphics tablets...they can't all have buggy drivers surely?? Thinks CS6 needs an update to address this problem.

• 12. Re: Photoshop cs6 crash
                                JJMack Most Valuable Participant

While CS6 is quite stable on my two machines it does crash from time to time. Most of the CS6 crashed on my machines are in ScriptUiFlex.dll. I have also  had a crash in Image_runtime.dll, in Photoshop.exe,  ntdll.dll, StackHash_1dc2, StackHash_d56a, Wacom_Tablet.dll_unloaded.

When CS6 was first released it was very buggy and crashed frequently on users machine for various reasons. Make sure you have applied all the CS6 updates. The first update for CS6 alone addressed 506 core issues.  

Occasional Photoshop crashing is not that unusual. In CS6 Adobe added an autosave feature that creates temp Photoshop documents for your current work to help address these occasional Photoshop Crashes.  If Photoshop CS6 crashes any autosave temp file will automatically be opened the next time you start Photoshop to aid you in recovering your work that was in progress.

• 13. Re: Photoshop cs6 crash
                                  toonycards1 Level 1

Yes, the auto save feature works 90% of the time, however it sometimes doesn't work, or the program just vanishes with no error reading, and no auto save. I do like photoshop and its fine with a mouse, but it just doesn't want to work with my tablet, and I think photoshop should be able to work OK with all tablets, not just a specific brand. Unfortunatly due to needing stability I've now downloaded a trial of corel and have had no issues using a tablet with it so I may purchace the full version after 30 days, and it is very much like the adobe layout and I can fortunatly import my photoshop file into it and carry on. At this point I will stick to just using photoshop for work I do with a mouse, its a shame but can't be helped it seems.

Thanks for everyones feed back.

• 14. Re: Photoshop cs6 crash
                                    Level 7

Photoshop does work OK with all tablets that have working drivers, not just a specific brand.

But Photoshop does not write or control the driver code - that comes from the tablet maker.

It's just that some tablet makers write (and update) drivers better than others.