Exit

CFLOCATION not passing URL variable

Enthusiast ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple CFLOCATION redirecting to a page with a fixed value of 15 as id

<CFLOCATION URL="http://www.MYWEBSITE.com/index.cfm?id=15">

When I hit the page locally it works fine, the receiving page can see the value of 15 in id.

However, when I run the same page on the server I get an error that the url.id does not exist

Not sure what is causing this, could it be a config issue in the CF admin?

Thanks

Mark

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Typical, just after I post, I find the problem. My application.cfm in the top level which is was using initially is different local vs server. In the server version there is a temp cflocation in place, so it's redirecting before it gets to my main redirect with the id in it.. problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just after posting this I managed to find some sort of resolution to the problem, but it does concern me that this issue could be on other sites now. I found a link that suggested if a session was set and the cflocation was used all within one page then problems with variables could occur

http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/missing-session-variables-using-cflocation.html

I do have an application.cfm that sets a session, and when I hit the page the user does go right to the cflocation at the same time.

I placed an empty application.cfm into the directory so that it did not go one level up and set the session from the main application.cfm and now the variable does indeed pass through.

What I can't understand is why it works locally but not on the server

Anybody have any other input for this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Typical, just after I post, I find the problem. My application.cfm in the top level which is was using initially is different local vs server. In the server version there is a temp cflocation in place, so it's redirecting before it gets to my main redirect with the id in it.. problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation