Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording window snaps to an awkward size when 'Snap to window' is checked

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone, how are you doing?

Here is a issue I have been facing today and spent all day about figuring it out

When i select Snap to application, the application (Internet Explorer) snaps to an awkward size split between dual monitors(I have two:)).

I am having problems with this issue since morning. This happens only when I add additional slides to the project. This does not happen when i try to record a new project (a fresh one).

May be there is a setting already in my project that needs to be tweaked so that i can fix this issue? and by the way, when i press record, I dont see any custom size option. Strange behavior, please help...

Thanks,

Roshan

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally when adding slides, the window should have the same size as the project itself. Which version? Could you clear the cache, restart CP and see if this problem is still the same?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you are simply recording additional slides you will not see any sizing options at all because the recording size is determined by the Project Resolution.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is your problem resolved?

I tried to see if I can repro the problem in my Win 7 machine, but I could not.

I used a blank project of dimensions 1024x768 and dual monitors each of resolution 1680x1050. Second monitor was arranged to the left of the main monitor. I launched IE9 which was approx. 800x600. When I chose additional recording, like Lilybiri & Rick pointed out, recording size is set to project dimensions (1024x768). I chose IE9 window as the app to be recorded and selected "Snap to Window". IE9 window expanded to nicely fit the 1024x768 recording window.

Can you please let me know what OS, IE, dimensions you used?

Cheers

Siva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Win 7, Captivate 5.5, trying to record scrolling through a PDF file. The red box snaps off skew. I can move it to the center of either window, snap my PDF inside, but the recording cuts off the right side of the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you please let me know what dimensions you used? Are you doing a new recording? If you are doing additional recording, like Rick pointed out, the recording dimensions are fixed.

Cheers

Siva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Siva,

Thank you for following up this issue.

As Rick and others correctly pointed out, the recording dimensions cannot be changed once they are fixed in a recording. We were trying to record new slides in a project with lower resolution. Then we encountered this issue ☺

As we are newbies to Captivate, we are learning stuff from Forums as well.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources