3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2013 9:51 AM by JJMack

Stamp Visible not allowing me to make adjustments

Bob Redd

I'm using Photoshop CC. After using a process known as frequency separation the stamp visible layer does not allow me to use any tools to make adjustments. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

• 1. Re: Stamp Visible not allowing me to make adjustments
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I’d guess the second.

But then you don’t seem to give enough details to judge what you are doing and what could be the issue.

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels visible?

• 2. Re: Stamp Visible not allowing me to make adjustments
            Bob Redd Level 1

I think I discovered what my problem was caused from. When using the frequency separation technique I used on the top layer an apply image command which looks like a high pass filter has been appleied. When setting blend mode to linear light on screen I get an image which no longer looks like it is being covered by 50% gray. When attempting the stamp visible command on this layer Photoshop interprets the top layer as hidden thus causing my problem with the stamp visible layer. On top of my last frequency separation layer I added a curves adjustment layer and immediately applied the stamp visible shortcut which created a layer where the previous layer is no longer hidden and I'm able to use tools for further adjustments. Short version I was screwing up.

• 3. Re: Stamp Visible not allowing me to make adjustments
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Bob Redd wrote:

Short version I was screwing up.

All Photoshop users screw up you can not learn Photoshop without screwing up that's the way it is...