Why do you use Canon XF utility?
I'm working with a lot C300 material at the moment - all just imported via Premiere-CC directly.
Everything is fine!
Canon XF utility generates a date and time folder and links cards together. I have brought the contents folder straight in in the past but had problems with this method.
But did you tried it especially with those clips which are unsync? directly in premiere-cc?
(sorry for my bad english ;-) )
Yep still had same problem.
Is this a common problem any solutions?
Yes, this happens if you open and play the clips when some of them are still Conforming. Importing clips, wait for the conforming to be done, then playback the clips works o.k. This happens with all media when using it during conforming/generating peak files.
The solution is:
1. Edit > Preferences > Media
2. Write down the file path to "Media Cache Files" and "Media Cache"
3. Close Premiere Pro and save the project
4. Delete the folders and all it's subcontent you found under step #2
5. Launch Premiere Pro, open the project
6. In the lower right corner you will see a yellow bar that shows you that the clips are being conformed.
7. Don't touch, playback anything until the conforming is done.
8. Play back the media
This solves issues like this 99 out of 100 times.
If memory serves, there are problems with clips from this camera depending on which firmware the camera has. The only solution is to use the correct firmware before shooting.
I have heard something about this before but not as specific as you have outlined, that's great, it makes sense I'll give it a go.