3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2013 12:03 PM by David-Smith

Could not initialize class coldfusion.monitor.event.RequestMonitorEventProcessor

noahs arkive

We are getting a

Could not initialize class coldfusion.monitor.event.RequestMonitorEventProcessor error. We cannot access the CF Administrator either. We are running CF 9.0 Standard Edition on Windows 2003. Trace below.

It seems that CF is trying to start a service that is not enabled for the Standard Edition. My questions:

1. Is my hunch above correct?

2. Is there a way to remedy this issue without accessing the CF Administrator?

Thanks all!

Error and trace:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class coldfusion.monitor.event.RequestMonitorEventProcessor

at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:38 )

at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)

at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)

at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)

at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)

at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)

at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)

at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)

at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:203)

at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)

at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)

at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)

at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

• 1. Re: Could not initialize class coldfusion.monitor.event.RequestMonitorEventProcessor
          David-Smith

So is the ColdFusion service starting or not?  Try looking at your Win2003 Event Viewer for additional error info.  You could also try starting CF using the cfstart.bat file located (I think) in \ColdFusion9\bin.  Run that .bat file from a CMD window.  It will show more detail if starting up is the problem.

• 2. Re: Could not initialize class coldfusion.monitor.event.RequestMonitorEventProcessor
            noahs arkive Level 1

Thanks! Yes, the service starts. As does CF.net, ODBC and Search sevices.

However, when I ran cfstart.bat (thanks), the service did NOT start and CF failed to initialize. The Bat hung on the same RequestMonitorEventProcess error.

Restarting CF in windows services restarted the service but failed to initialize the server.

The event log didn't reveal anything that I could tell was relevant to CF.

• 3. Re: Could not initialize class coldfusion.monitor.event.RequestMonitorEventProcessor
              David-Smith Level 1

Can you clarify what you mean by "the services restarted but failed to initialize the server"?  Sometimes the CF service (via Windows Services) will actually say "Starting..." instead of "Started".  Is this what you see?  Regardles, is "RequestMonitorEventProcess" is the only thing the .bat file reported?

A few other things to check:

Check your neo-runtime.xml file to make sure it looks legit, and check your jvm.config to make sure it's pointing to where your Java engine is.  Make sure your JVM max memory allocation is not more than 1024mb if you are on a 32-bit machine.

Sounds like a Java problem overall, as in maybe the path is wrong or the version is wrong or the allocation is too high.  Did you recently try to update it or make any other config changes like that?