12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2013 9:25 AM by A.T. Romano

Two software installed on a computer

MarkusHall

Can i have two licenses/softwares (Premiere Elements 11) installed on one computer?

Im editing a lot of recorded lectures, and want to start on the next clip while the order rendering/saves.

/M

• 1. Re: Two software installed on a computer
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

How can you have two licenses installed on the same computer? Are you booting into to different operating systems?

• 2. Re: Two software installed on a computer
            MarkusHall Level 1

Hello Steve.

Well, i want to have two softwares running parallel.

Meanwhile saving/publishing/compress a video (takes like 20 minutes) I would like to start working with another video but the software is then locked.

I have a lot of lectures to edit…

Is that possible?

Med vänlig hälsning

Markus Hällstrand

MiROi i-learning AB

Tel: 0920-365 82

Mob: 072-740 70 48

markus.hallstrand@miroi.se<mailto:markus.hallstrand@miroi.se>

Från: Steve Grisetti forums_noreply@adobe.com

Skickat: den 6 september 2013 14:13

Till: Markus Hällstrand

Ämne: Two software installed on a computer

Re: Two software installed on a computer

created by Steve Grisetti<http://forums.adobe.com/people/Steve+Grisetti> in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/5658488#5658488

• 3. Re: Two software installed on a computer
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

No. You can only run one instance of Premiere Elements at a time. You can't work on another project while another is rendering.

• 4. Re: Two software installed on a computer
                MarkusHall Level 1

OK, so I need to buy another computer and a new license?

=)

Med vänlig hälsning

Markus Hällstrand

MiROi i-learning AB

Från: Steve Grisetti forums_noreply@adobe.com

Skickat: den 6 september 2013 15:00

created by Steve Grisetti<http://forums.adobe.com/people/Steve+Grisetti> in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/5658618#5658618

• 5. Re: Two software installed on a computer
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

SG

I know that one can have different versions of Premiere Elements on the same computer (and it would follow that each version would have its own purchased serial number each different from the other). And, if I opened Premiere Elements 11 and did Timeline rendering, I could be doing some editing, for example, of a Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Timeline content while 11 was minimized doing its Timeline rendering to completion. I could also do that if I had the window of each program cascaded.

The only function that I know of which would be compromised in such an arrangement would be Timeline playback (not rendering Timeline or export) which would be true if the programs involved were two Premiere Elements and any other program or two Premiere Elements since one stops when the other program is active.

I am not sure what computer resources would permit in this generalization.

The major question for me would be could you really install two Premiere Elements 11 on the same computer even if the serial number of the two were different?

And, I do not know of any Adobe Licensing Agreement detail that would rule against any of the above.

Please consider.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...I run one program at a time. But I wanted to point out this idea seems to be possible.

• 6. Re: Two software installed on a computer
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

MarkusHall

Do you have two Premiere Elements each with a different and purchased serial number?

If so, can you install both of them on the same computer? What is the level of your computer resources?

ATR

• 7. Re: Two software installed on a computer
                      MarkusHall Level 1

Thats what i want to know before i buy another license ☺

Med vänlig hälsning

Markus Hällstrand

MiROi i-learning AB

Från: A.T. Romano forums_noreply@adobe.com

Skickat: den 6 september 2013 16:28

created by A.T. Romano<http://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano> in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/5658889#5658889

• 8. Re: Two software installed on a computer
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

MarkusHall

Again, I would ask "How many purchased serial numbers do you now have for your Premiere Elements?" One or two?

If the answer is 2, each with a different and purchased serial number, then see the details of what I have previously written about my experience in such a case.

For each version of Premiere Elements that I have, I only have only one and different purchased serial number for each.

So, I am not in a position to answer the question that I asked you if your answer is that you have 2 Premiere Elements each with a different and purchased serial number.

You definitely cannot install Premiere Elements with only one purchased serial number twice on the same computer.

Do you have two Premiere Elements each with a different and purchased serial number?

If so, can you install both of them on the same computer?

I have written what I know relating to your question. You might want to contact Adobe Chat for its information on the matter.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=downloading-installing -and-setting-up

When the link opens, click on "I still need help". That will bring up the Adobe Chat pop up.

ATR

• 9. Re: Two software installed on a computer
                          nealeh Level 5

That won't work. After installing the first copy, if you try to run the installer again it will actually run the UN-installer.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 10. Re: Two software installed on a computer
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

Referring to your post 9 in this thread, I know that will happen if you try to install the same version/same purchased serial number on the same computer twice. But do you really mean

That won't work. After installing the first copy, if you try to run the installer again it will actually run the UN-installer.

even if the second Premiere Elements is the same version but with a different purchased serial number?

Have you been there and done that? I cannot check that since I do not have Premiere Elements (any version) that was purchased separately twice so that I would have two different purchased serial numbers to test this out first hand.

But, if I try the above with Premiere Elements 11 and 9.0/9.0.1, I have no problems as defined by what I wrote in post 5.

ATR

• 11. Re: Two software installed on a computer
                              nealeh Level 5

A.T. Romano wrote:

nealeh

But do you really mean

even if the second Premiere Elements is the same version but with a different purchased serial number?

Yes.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 12. Re: Two software installed on a computer
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

Interesting. Thanks.

As I said earlier in the thread, I had work on, for example, Premiere Elements 9 and 11 on the same computer either

a. one minimized, one maximized or viewing both by Cascading

and

b. been able to Timeline render or export one while I edited video in the other program.

The only thing that I have found so far in this scenario that is not doable relates to playback the Timeline of one without stopping the playback of the Timeline in the other opened project. But, this happens if Premiere Elements - Premiere Elements combo or Premiere Elements - non Premiere Elements application.

As they say, this was just a test. One project opened and used at one time is more than enough for me in my particular projects.

ATR