10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2013 11:15 AM by Kevin-Monahan

PremierePro CC Wish List

lebrett Level 1

I have just send this list to Adobe in hope that some of those requests will be implemented in a future upgrade. What do you think about it?

Here is a list of features I really would like to see

in a future upgrade of Premiere Pro CC:

1- Add a keyboard option for Zoom in or out of Timeline. I do no need to zoom the time of either the source or program window, only the timeline.

2- Change the default audio duration. Milliseconds are not great. It means that in a 30fps project, the minimum audio transition equals 3fps. Too long. Ideally if you could implement Avid’s own “Quick Transition” Dialog box that would be awesome. Or at least if you could implement FCP7 way of selecting a preset transition and assign it by default that would be a step forward.

3- Change the Match Frame behavior. As it is right now, if I Match Frame a clip that is in my timeline, the master clip loads in the Source window with the In & Out point selected, but the play head is not parked on the same frame as the timeline. So this is not a Match Frame but rather a Match Clip.

4- The dialog boxes should reopen in the same place, size and view mode (list or icon view) each time. Even after closing them and reopening them.

Example: I open a bin in it’s own window, make that window taller, change to Icon view, make those icons bigger, sort them by date and push the window to the right. Work that way for some time. Close the window. Come back to it later and boom! Have to do it all again. Same thing goes for Dialog Boxes reappearing dead center of the main window.

5- Crop Effect or Garbage Mattes must be able to be feathered! Either within the effect itself or by adding a feather effect to them.

• 1. Re: PremierePro CC Wish List
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

5. I have been requesting feather for garbage matte that for some cycles now.

The crop effect is now feathered in CC.

• 2. Re: PremierePro CC Wish List
            Jim_Simon Level 8

1. You can do this now with the + and - keys.

2. The default duration for audio transitions is measured in seconds, not milliseconds.  1 second is the default.  You can also select whichever transition you want as the 'default' (for the keyboard shortcut) by right clicking on it.  You can also change the duration of any transition by double-clicking on it.

3. Match Frame does load the clip on that exact frame.  There is a bug with Merged Clips, though, which causes some erratic behavior, including Match Frame.

4. This recently got fixed with the Export Settings dialog, which will finally reopen at the same size and position it was in when you last closed it instead of some default.  I'd agree Adobe should do the same for bin windows.

• 3. Re: PremierePro CC Wish List
              lebrett Level 1

Thanks Jim for your input. But let me correct or explain what I mean on certain points.

1- I know that you can zoom in or out of the timeline with a keyboard shortcut BUT the timeline window (or pane) as to be selected first. In FCP7 there is an option called "zoom in in timeline" and "zoom out in timeline". This only affect zooms in the timeline even if you are in the source window or anywhere else for that matter.

2- Milliseconds or seconds doesn't change the fact that the smallest audio transition will equal to 3fps in my example or 2fps in 24p project. So each time I add a transition I have to manually double-click that transition in the timeline and change it's duration to 1fps ending on cut just to remove the little audio pop-click. This is cumbersome to say the least.

3- I have just checked the sequence that was causing me trouble with Match Frame and discovered that it is not working like it should on Sub Clips only. So what I explained is true but with Sub Clips. Sorry for the imprecision.

4- Adobe should correct this for Bin windows AND any Dialog Box too.

• 4. Re: PremierePro CC Wish List
                throwcomp

1.  Multiple ways... 

a.) option + mouse scroll wheel: zoom in and out. 

b.) "\" (backslash) : toggle between zoomed and full timeline view.

• 5. Re: PremierePro CC Wish List
                  throwcomp Level 1

2.)  Edit>Preferences>General>"Audio Transition Default Duration"

• 6. Re: PremierePro CC Wish List
                    lebrett Level 1

For your Multiple Ways to work, the Timeline Window as to be selected first. Not practical.

• 7. Re: PremierePro CC Wish List
                      lebrett Level 1

Please take the time to read before posting. Thanks.

• 8. Re: PremierePro CC Wish List
                        throwcomp Level 1

Only on the option + mouse wheel zooming, and it works if timeline not selected as long as mouse is hovering the timeline window as it technically is a mouse dependend shortcut.  backslash toggling works without timeline selected as it is a true keyboard only shortcut.

• 9. Re: PremierePro CC Wish List
                          throwcomp Level 1

Take suggestions or don't. 

Another shortcut to hold you over until this feature is implemented is shift+3 to make timeline active and then using the + or - buttons as already suggested.

• 10. Re: PremierePro CC Wish List
                            Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

lebrett wrote:

1- I know that you can zoom in or out of the timeline with a keyboard shortcut BUT the timeline window (or pane) as to be selected first. In FCP7 there is an option called "zoom in in timeline" and "zoom out in timeline". This only affect zooms in the timeline even if you are in the source window or anywhere else for that matter.

2- Milliseconds or seconds doesn't change the fact that the smallest audio transition will equal to 3fps in my example or 2fps in 24p project. So each time I add a transition I have to manually double-click that transition in the timeline and change it's duration to 1fps ending on cut just to remove the little audio pop-click. This is cumbersome to say the least.

3- I have just checked the sequence that was causing me trouble with Match Frame and discovered that it is not working like it should on Sub Clips only. So what I explained is true but with Sub Clips. Sorry for the imprecision.

4- Adobe should correct this for Bin windows AND any Dialog Box too.

Hi lebrett,

Keep in mind that you can make a feature request for Premiere Pro by filling out the following form: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks,

Kevin