3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2013 10:31 AM by John T Smith

This is weird...Premiere keeps freezing when I attempt to capture...

Dlewis78 Level 1

Hi everyone!

I really hope someone can help me resolve an issue I am having.  I recently upgraded to Adobe Premiere CC.  I have an older mac, (Mac Pro 1,1/Processor  2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon/13 Gigs Ram/ NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 25 MB (I am changing this out soon).

Although I am still using some older things, CC has given me no problems up until now.  I've been capturing things from mini dv tapes that I had and it has gone pretty smoothly.  Then last night, everytime I attempted to capture, I just got the spinning rainbow.  When I went to "Force Quit", it read "Adobe Premiere CC not responding."

I tried all types of things, opening up in a different premiere project, uninstalling premiere and reinstalling, making sure the program was up-to-date and stil no luck.  The firewire cable I am using is an old 400, but so far, I have had no problems from this.  Do I need to switch out my Firewire cable to something faster?  Why would it work all this time and then suddenly start to freez up?

Any suggestions are very much appreciated. Thx!