3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2013 6:02 PM by A.T. Romano

PRE11 Display driver and low system memory messages as well as no video playback in preview.

Muppy6262

I have an HP Pavilion dv6,

the display driver is a mobility Radeon HD 4500, I have updated it on the AMD website.

I have also downloaded quick time, defragmented and done a disc cleanup, I have read previous threads and have not been able to BadDriver. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

• 1. Re: PRE11 Display driver and low system memory messages as well as no video playback in preview.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Muppy6262

I am not sure what you meant by

I have read previous threads and have not been able to BadDriver.

Did you mean that deleting the BadDrivers.txt file did not solve the problem or you could not find it.

If you could not find it:

As for the BadDrivers.txt file. Can we assume that your Premiere Elements 11 is on Windows 7 or 8 64 bit?

If so,

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. Make sure that you have Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the path.

What are you or the program setting as your project preset?

And, what are the properties of the source media that you are importing into the project? How are you importing these source Media - Add Media, Files and Folders, Project Assets and from there dragged to the Expert workspace Timeline or other?

Is this one of those "it worked before but not now" type problems or one of "it never worked" type problem?

What do your computer resources look like..for starters, installed and available RAM and free hard drive space?

Are you running a single or dual monitor setup?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: PRE11 Display driver and low system memory messages as well as no video playback in preview.
            Muppy6262 Level 1

I think you solved the problem! I couldn't find the BadDriver.txt file until you explained it to me, I had been looking in program files instead, all problems and error messages are gone! Thank you very much for helping a fool. Have a good day. (I apologise what I meant to say was that I could not find it, it's quite late where I am, my cognitive abilities are not up to scratch.)

• 3. Re: PRE11 Display driver and low system memory messages as well as no video playback in preview.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Muppy6262

Thanks for following up with the troubleshooting. Please do not be too hard on yourself. There have been countless Premiere Elements users who needed help finding that "wonderful" BadDrivers.txt file. We are so very pleased for your success.

The BadDrivers.txt file first drew attention in the following thread

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/732067

and has gone on to help many, many users through situations such as yours.

In the middle of the thread cited above is an Adobe explanation of what the BadDrivers.txt file is and what is supposed to be doing.

Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification on anything that I write, and always ask when you have a question about your Premiere Elements workflow, big - intermediate - or large question.

Continued success.

ATR