5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2013 4:04 AM by pablonso@fibertel.com.ar

Burning bluray

pablonso@fibertel.com.ar

Hi, I was trying to burn a bluray after edited my project but after all the encoding media process it says "invalidlanguage code". Has someone any idea on what can be?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Burning bluray
          A.T. Romano Level 7

pablonso

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running? Did you install

the program from an installation disc or from online download with purchased serial number? Are you working with an

Internet connection?

How did you set up your Premiere Elements at installation with regard to language? Are you set up for NTSC or PAL?

Where are you seeing this "invalidlanguage code"....

as part of the burn progress bar or elsewhere?

Is this a problem "worked before but not now" or "it never worked before"?

And, the usual questions for background...

a. what is the description of your computer's resources...installed and available RAM, free hard drive space, etc.

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Burning bluray
            pablonso@fibertel.com.ar Level 1

Hi, let me answer one by one.

The version is 9.0 on windows 7.

I installed from a disc with that serial number. I also installed the extras, all of them. No custom installation.

Internet conections was disabled

It is setted up in english as the windows also and the file is set in NTSC

It did work before.

The computer is a HP i5, 8 gb ram with a 600 gb disk space and 90 gb free.

Thanks a lot

• 3. Re: Burning bluray
              A.T. Romano Level 7

pablonso

Is the Internet connect enable at this present time when the issue exists?

If not, is there any chance that you could temporarily enable your Internet connection to determine what impact, if any, this would have on the issue.

In spite of your computer resources, Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 is only a 32 bit application running in the 32 bit compatibility mode of a 64 bit system and as such has all the limitations of 32 bit, namely, supported installed RAM = 4.0 GB of which typically 3.0 GB or less are available. And, 90 GB of free hard drive space is on the low side for Blu-ray project. Is all your free hard drive space on the Local Disk C? Do you have any supplemental drives with much more free hard drive space? I am thinking in terms of at least 500 GB to 1 TB.

Although the possible lack of an Internet connection to activate necessary processes from time to time and what seems like low resources for a Blu-ray project, I do not want to take anything for granted.

1. When you say it worked before, are there any differences between then and now that come to mind that could explain your present situation? Was the Internet connection enabled? Was the project as large as now? Etc?

2. Where are the scratch disks directed and how much free space is at that location?

Please see Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks.

3. What was your answer to:

Where are you seeing this "invalidlanguage code"....

as part of the burn progress bar or elsewhere?

4. When you get to the burn dialog for your burn to Blu-ray, what does the Quality Area say for Space Required and Bitrate and do you have a check mark next to Fit Content to Available Space?

Since the error message is one that I have never seen before, we might use the classical technique of flushing the preferences, often used for issues that defy an immediate explanation and are prone to "corrupt" file description for want of a better explanation. To do that:

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. Make sure that you are working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the path (Windows 7 or 8 64 bit). If that does not work, delete the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. But, I will add this disclaimer. I am not used to working with Internet connection disabled and am not sure of the pitfalls in pursuing this suggestion in that situation.

A complete and clean deactivation within the program followed by the usual Control Panel route uninstall, followed by ccleaner run through, followed by reinstall might be what we are heading for. But with the same disclaimers.

Please review and then let us see what can be done.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Burning bluray

Hi again. Here are the answers one by one again.

I believe that the internet connection was disabled now but was enabled the times before when it worked on the burning process.

The total ram on the pc is 8 gb ram buy as I understand what you are saying the premiere is only considering 4 of them?

I only carry one HD with onle 2 small partitions: one is the system partition and the other one is only 90MB for and HP tools.

The rest is filled with files, mp3 linked to my itunes (like 350 gb) and the rest are video HD files to be edited and they will be deleted after the premiere project is finalized and the blu ray burned.

Will be the same if the video files to work on the premiere project would be linked from and external HD?

Would be a problem when it is the time to export?

1. As i mentioned before probably the internet was enabled before but not now. I will try that one first.

2. The scratch disk is the default that the premiere establish on the installation.

3. The software ran the encoding menus, encoding media process but when is about to start the burning process just below the process bar it says invalidlanguage code and nothing happens for hours until you press the cancel button.

4. I'm selecting the biggest quality offered 1980x1400 on NTSC norm.

The fit to available space i think that was unchecked but it probable was unchecked before when it worked.

I will try also the preferences comment. Let me try that and I will back to you. The process takes a few days to run the whole project. 2 hours on full HD video.

Thanks

• 5. Re: Burning bluray

Hi, i tryied almost everything you explained finally but the problem persist. The only thing that I didn't try is to uninstall and reinstall it so i try to do it later and i will get back to you.

Thank you