2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2013 7:00 PM by ninose11

trim window not working...

ninose11 Level 1

Whenever I hit "T" to open the trim window, as soon as I hit the spacebar to play my footage, the trim window closes immediately.

Impossible for me to play any footage in the trim window without being taken back to the program monitor window. Is this normal? 

I have no idea why this is happening and I'm running the latest version of Premiere Pro CC.

I'm essentially unable to use the trim window to do any refine editing.

Thank you to anyone who can help me with this.

- Nick

• 1. Re: trim window not working...
          shooternz Level 6

If you choose to select the Trim Window (T)...it expects you to work in the Trim Window  eg use the mouse to trim the clips(various ways) . Try hovering mouse over left ,right and centre of the Trim Monitor

Play Button is cancelling your selection.

• 2. Re: trim window not working...
            ninose11 Level 1

What I don't understand is that I don't have that problem on my MBR laptop. The trim window shouldn't close when I press the space bar. That's not normal. The trim window never closes when I press the space bar on my MacBook Pro and I never have to use the mouse to navigate in the trim window. So I don't understand why the trim window closes on my iMac i7 as soon as I play the footage in the trim window.

Larry Jordan has a tutorial on the trim window and I don't see it closing there either. So I believe something on my desktop end is wrong.