5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2013 11:40 AM by sinious

Publish setting resets

mari8899 Level 1

I have a problem where Publish setting always resets. I setup AS 2.0 and then Publish setting forces change to AS 3.0, although I don't have any AS 3 code, and have only AS 2 basic code just for the buttons on release.

Why this keeps happening - resetting all the time?

• 1. Re: Publish setting resets
          sinious Most Valuable Participant

What OS? What version of Flash?

As always, have you tried simply resetting Flash preferences by starting Flash (close if open) and immediately holding down CTRL+ALT(/CMD)+SHIFT? This tends to fix interface issues often.

• 2. Re: Publish setting resets
            mari8899 Level 1

Win8, Flash CS6. Interface is just fine, only this export thing - settings for AS 3 forces itself before AS 2 settings. And when I open same file again fresh, here it how settings looks, Profile and Target are empty. Even if I choose now AS 2, when saved or exported it will force AS 3.

flash.jpg

• 3. Re: Publish setting resets

The publish panel is part of the interface. Any random part of the interface that becomes erratic can typically be resolved with the above mentioned preferences reset. You might want to try it.

Do you have a "Default" profile in that profile list when you drop it down? If so are you selecting that as well when you save and re-open?

• 4. Re: Publish setting resets
                mari8899 Level 1

I tried shortcut commands but settings didn't changed. Profile is actually empty, I cannot choose anything from it, it doesn't allow it (no drop downs), while Target shows full list.

• 5. Re: Publish setting resets

If it can't save to any existing profile that may be why. Try creating a new profile (resetting all prefs should so this FYI). Make sure a profile exists.