2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2008 8:37 AM by jmelchior

ResultSet to QueryTable in ColdFusion 8

jmelchior
      I'm trying to take a resultset that is returned by a java call and convert it into a query object in my CFC so that the cffunction has 'query' as its returntype. I've found the page by Pete Freitag describing how to do this but when I use this technique in ColdFusion 8 I get an object instantiation exception with the following message;
      <message>
      An exception occurred when instantiating a Java object. The class must not be an interface or an abstract class. Error: ''.
      </message>

I'm wondering if something changed in this version of ColdFusion that makes this code behave this way. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Joris.
        • 1. ResultSet to QueryTable in ColdFusion 8
          -==cfSearching==- Level 4
          Can you post the code and stack trace error message? The method works with CF8, so I suspect it is a problem with your code.

<cfscript>
          cfQuery = createObject("java", "coldfusion.sql.QueryTable").init(myJavaResultSet);
          </cfscript>
          • 2. Re: ResultSet to QueryTable in ColdFusion 8
            jmelchior Level 1
            When copying he stack trace I looked at the bottom of the trace and found the problem myself (doh!). It's the ResultSet implementation (Progress) that is causing the problem.

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java: 39)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorIm pl.java:27)
            at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
            at coldfusion.runtime.java.JavaProxy.CreateObject(JavaProxy.java:156)
            at coldfusion.runtime.java.JavaProxy.invoke(JavaProxy.java:63)
            at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2260)
            at cfaiproxy_uh2ecfc1150355287$funcGETACCOUNTLIST.runFunction(C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\cfai\ex tensions\components\aiproxy_uh.cfc:29)
            at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:418)
            at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:360)
            at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:324)
            at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:56)
            at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:277)
            at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:463)
            at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:453)
            at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:320)
            at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2210)
            at coldfusion.tagext.lang.InvokeTag.doEndTag(InvokeTag.java:358)
            at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTag(CfJspPage.java:2645)
            at cfindex2ecfm1927664645.runPage(C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\cfai\webroot\index.cfm:32)
            at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:192)
            at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:366)
            at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65)
            at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:273)
            at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:48)
            at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)
            at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:86)
            at coldfusion.filter.LicenseFilter.invoke(LicenseFilter.java:27)
            at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:70)
            at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:2 8)
            at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
            at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46)
            at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
            at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
            at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:175)
            at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)
            at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86)
            at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42 )
            at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)
            at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)
            at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)
            at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
            at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
            at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:284)
            at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
            at jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebService.java:172)
            at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)
            at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
            at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)
            at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)
            Caused by: com.progress.open4gl.ProSQLException: A not supported result set method. (7182)
            at com.progress.open4gl.dynamicapi.ResultSet.getProSQLException(ResultSet.java:1119)
            at com.progress.open4gl.dynamicapi.ResultSet.getProSQLException(ResultSet.java:1160)
            at com.progress.open4gl.dynamicapi.ResultSetMetaData.getColumnLabel(ResultSetMetaData.java:6 08)
            at coldfusion.sql.QueryTableMetaData.<init>(QueryTableMetaData.java:88)
            at coldfusion.sql.QueryTable.populate(QueryTable.java:281)
            at coldfusion.sql.QueryTable.populate(QueryTable.java:217)
            at coldfusion.sql.QueryTable.<init>(QueryTable.java:58)
            ... 50 more