2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2013 6:51 PM by johndaigle

New expanding hotspot character style doesn't get aplied

kdws

I have created my own .css file and have changed the expanding hotspot character style. When I create the expanding hotspot using DHTML> create expanding hotspot (or something like that, don't have the app in front of me because it doesn't run on a Mac {what's up with that?}) my expanding hot spot character style doesn't get applied. Instead, the normal style gets applied.

I have to use the style drop-down box to get it to apply which doesn't make sense because it's not a paragraph style.

Can't figure out how to say "Expanding hot spot, use the expanding hot spot character style"

• 1. Re: New expanding hotspot character style doesn't get aplied
          johndaigle Level 4

Here's something to try. It might be that an embedded style is overriding your external style sheet.

As an example, when you import a Word document, Word's conversion process creates an Embedded Style for the A:link.

This can defeat or override the character style you create for the expanded hotspot.

In the (X)HTML Editor View look for this right above the closing </head> tag.

<style type="text/css">/*<![CDATA[*/

body {

background-color: #ffffff;

}

A:visited {

color: #800080;

}

A:link {

color: #0000ff;

}

/*]]>*/</style>

</head>

If this is the case, just delete everything from "<style type" all the way down to and including "</style>"

Just a thought.

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

• 2. Re: New expanding hotspot character style doesn't get aplied
            johndaigle Level 4

BTW, if my previous post doesn't work. You might also try Format > Styles to open the Styles and Formatting pod. Then select Character styles from the dropdown. See if that allows you to more cleanly apply the character style.