13 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2013 7:59 AM by BobLevine

InDesign Interactive Document Export issue

Ramjivk Level 1

Hi,

I use InDesign CS5.5 (Win). I am creating a multi page interactive document. I mainly use the text frames and buttons. I have many Bookmarks in the document and buttons are to link the bookmarks.

When i start creating the documnet and export to PDF i did not have any issue in the doc. when the document pages increases, after exporting the document, the Acrobat show the message to "Click 'Sign' to file out and sign this form...." but i do not have any forms in the doc.

I have the same buttons and the text frame in all the pages. I am not sure what objects Acrobat treats it as form objects.

When i start deleting the pages from the acrobat, when it reaches the number of page 7, the highlight "Click Sign to fill..." dissapears.

can any one faced this issue? please help why Acrobat treats the document as forms fields if the page number increases more than 7.

Please help.

Regards

Ramji V K

• 1. Re: InDesign Interactive Document Export issue
          Sandee Cohen Adobe Community Professional

It's not you, it's Acrobat.

This is a weird "feature" that the Acrobat team created. They decided that any document that has more than a certain number of buttons, must have forms to fill out.

So they decided to make things easier for their users to give them a prompt to fill out the forms. Even though there are NO FORMS! (Sorry about shouting, I can't stand this thing.)

If, you absolutely know that people will never need to fill out a form in your document, you can avoid the message by applying security to the document.

acrobat permissions.png

Set the Changes Allowed to either None or Inserting, deleting and rotating pages. Anything below that is not what you want.

Acrobat won't show the message because it will know that it is not allowed to fill in forms.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: InDesign Interactive Document Export issue

One more thing. This won't affect how the buttons and bookmarks work. And it has nothing to do with your version of InDesign or the version of Acrobat.

• 3. Re: InDesign Interactive Document Export issue
              Ramjivk Level 1

Hi Sandee,

Thank you so much for your quick response. the information was so helpful to me.

Can i make this change whitout providing the password. Acrobat or InDesign force me to enter the password. But i dont want to provide any password in my document.

can you please help.

Regards

Ramji V K

• 4. Re: InDesign Interactive Document Export issue
                vectorbabe Level 1

No, you have to create a password. But that won't keep people from opening the document. That's a different password.

--

Sandee Cohen

Computer Graphics Trainer

• 5. Re: InDesign Interactive Document Export issue
                  Salah Fadlabi Level 5

This password just for to restrict printing, editing and other tasks

permission.jpg

• 6. Re: InDesign Interactive Document Export issue
                    Ramjivk Level 1

Hi,

I have a new issue in the exported PDF from InDesign CS 5.5. I have 15 pages document. in each page, the images has to be repeated. so i have placed the images in the master page of the doc. so that it can appear in all the body pages. the images are PSD file which has ALT text in the file. when i export the doc as interactive PDF, the ALT text appear only on the first appearance of the image. For the other pages the same image, the ALT text is missing when i mouse over on the image. Is there any way to fix the issue?

Please help.

Thanks.

Regards

Ramji V K

• 7. Re: InDesign Interactive Document Export issue
                      Ramjivk Level 1

Hi,

I have a new issue in the exported PDF from InDesign CS 5.5. I have 15 pages document. in each page, the images has to be repeated. so i have placed the images in the master page of the doc. so that it can appear in all the body pages. the images are PSD file which has ALT text in the file. when i export the doc as interactive PDF, the ALT text appear only on the first appearance of the image. For the other pages the same image, the ALT text is missing when i mouse over on the image. Is there any way to fix the issue?

Please help.

Thanks.

Regards

Ramji V K

• 8. Re: InDesign Interactive Document Export issue
                        Salah Fadlabi Level 5

On the page panel select from page 2 to last page, mouse righ click: Override All Master Page Items. Or Ctrl+Shift mouse click on each image.

• 9. Re: InDesign Interactive Document Export issue
                          Ramjivk Level 1

Hi,

If i override the master items, each time i update the image or text, i have to do it in all the pages. it will be tedious if i do it each time. also, if the number of increases, the work will become more complicated. is there any other workaround for this?

• 10. Re: InDesign Interactive Document Export issue

Overriding the master page elements isn't as severe as most people think.

First, when you override all the items, DON'T move or resize them on the document pages.

Then, if you move or resize them on the master page, they will update on the document pages.

You can even change the image on the master page and the new image with appear on the document pages.

AND as long as you don't modify any text on the document pages, you can modify text on the master pages and it will update on the document pages.

This is actually the way XPress works. The only difference is XP doesn't have the option to protect all the master page items before overrides.

• 11. Re: InDesign Interactive Document Export issue
                              Ramjivk Level 1

Hi,

In InDesign if we override the items from the master page by clicking Ctrl+Shift+Click, the objects will break the link from the master page and comes to the body page.

So when we update the content or image in the master page, the updates will not happen in the body page as the objects are already override from the master page.

let me know if i am wrong.

thanks.

• 12. Re: InDesign Interactive Document Export issue

In InDesign if we override the items from the master page by clicking Ctrl+Shift+Click, the objects will break the link from the master page and comes to the body page.

So when we update the content or image in the master page, the updates will not happen in the body page as the objects are already override from the master page.

You are wrong.

As long as you don't touch, move, or change the content on the document page, the items will still be governed by the master page items.

Try it on a test document.

• 13. Re: InDesign Interactive Document Export issue
                                  BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Bringing a master item to live page doesn't not totally break the link

with the master. Only the attributes you change on the live page will

override.

Example: You have a blue rectangle on the master. You bring it to the

live page and change it to red. On the master you add rounded corners.

The rounded corners will be applied to the red rectangle on your live page.

If you want to totally detach it from the master, select it and from the

pages panel menu choose master pages> detach selection from master.