So do you see this error on both IE and FF? IF so, it would suggest that not all resource files (whphost.js or whutils.js) are copied to the output.
Strange. Can you try the following:
1. Remove the entire output folder.
2. Remove the entire SSL folder. (if not the same as 1)
3. Regenerate the project.
This makes sure that any corrupted file at least gets regenerated.
Also, what happens when you generate one of the example projects? Do you see the same issue?
Last, do you use any custom scripts or DHTML effects other than drop-downs?
William. Thanks for your note. I tried generating several times including wiping out the SSL folder. Even when I tried creating a new project from scratch (or worked with the sample projects), the same thing happened.
Update. Since my last writing, the problem has been resolved. It's a long torturous story, but here is the Cliff Notes version.
After being completely frustrated, my Desktop Support group uninstalled RH9 and I downloaded and installed a RoboHelp 10 trial and the problem was no longer present. I got back full functionality of the TOC, Keyword, and Search. Because I couldn't purchase a licensed RH 10 version until at least December, I uninstalled RH 10 and reinstalled the RH 9 using install files from the Company server. Low and behold full functionality returned. I guess the reason I didn't reinstall RH 9 from the beginning is because I read that reinstalling RH didn't take care of the problem.
In any case, the moral of this sad story for those who encounter this situation is to first reinstall RH. It also wouldn't hurt if Adobe would post an article regarding a fix to this.