5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2013 4:32 PM by shooternz

Video Export not reflecting effects

Comon, Adobe Level 1

So I have a few AVCHD 50p clips and I've trimmed them into a sequence and modified the sound and everything thing works fine up until export. For some reason my effects/adjustments will not export on the video. Everything exports fine, but with no effects, even though I can clearly see that I've put them on the ciips in the editor window (but not the export preview).

I applied the effects to a nested clip that contained all the edited and trimmed content; I hear nesting is bad, so I go and apply the effects to all the indiviudal clips; still no avail.

Adobe CC on Mac OSX 10.8.4

• 1. Re: Video Export not reflecting effects
          shooternz Level 6

Who told you "nesting is bad".

They are wrong and it works perfectly.

There is no control or missed preference that allows  FX "not to be exported".

That means you are doing something wrong.

Show some screen shots of sequence and export windows

• 2. Re: Video Export not reflecting effects
            Comon, Adobe Level 1

I heard nesting can be finnicky, though I use it all the time; I know there is no contorl, otherwise I wouldn't have the problem

I'm not sure what happened but when I re-opened this evening the effect is now being reflected. I have a hunch that it might be the DisplayLink software stirring up trouble since I didn't have it connected when I opened this evening. I thought it was a software error, but a restart didn't do anything last night.

Not surprised really, not the first time Adobe software has freaked out randomly.

• 3. Re: Video Export not reflecting effects
              shooternz Level 6

Not surprised really, not the first time Adobe software has freaked out randomly.

Your version must be haunted and of course its not your computer system.

• 4. Re: Video Export not reflecting effects
                Comon, Adobe Level 1

I never said it wasn't my computer system. My system has been going haywire lately anyways, which is why I'm restarting on an SSD with a new profile.

Just because you have 7400+ posts and I have less than 50 doesn't mean I'm a blithering idiot; I'm a graphic designer (that would be with a degree) and photographer, with recent uptake in digital video content, so I know what I'm talking about.

• 5. Re: Video Export not reflecting effects
                  shooternz Level 6

Never said anything about your inteligence at all. Sorry if you misconstrued my humour as an insult

You did call it as  an Adobe issue though.

I hear nesting is bad