7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2013 4:47 PM by Steven.Madwin

Signature Size

TKL112693

Seemingly unable to manipulate the dialog box to increase the signature size. As it stands the signature remains to small to read. Any suggestions?

I am trying out Acrobat XI Pro with digitalID. 

• 1. Re: Signature Size
          Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

It doesn't really matter whether it can be read; nobody should read or trust what is on screen. They must learn to verify the digital ID.

• 2. Re: Signature Size
            TKL112693 Level 1

Perhaps in the future,I agree. Until then signatures need to be viewed and I still don't understand why this can't be done now when it was able last year with Pro. If this can't be overcome I will more than likely not purchase this product. Thank you.

• 3. Re: Signature Size
              George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I'm having trouble visualizing the problem. Can you post a screen shot that shows it?

• 4. Re: Signature Size
                TKL112693 Level 1

George, I really don't think I'll be posting my signature on an open source BB. It's simple. Why is there (seemingly to me) no way of adjusting the signature dialog box (within the digitalID set up) to increase or decrease the size of the signature, or to even adjust the size within the dialog box as you can do in placing text on the document? Just does not seem intuitive....could be just me but it wasn't this difficult with Echosign.

• 5. Re: Signature Size
                  Steven.Madwin Adobe Employee

Hi TKL,

Are you saying that there is an existing signature form-field on the document that you are signing and the subsequent signature appearance isn't readable, thus you would like to resize the form-field?

Thanks,
                  Steve

• 6. Re: Signature Size
                    TKL112693 Level 1

Thx Steve,

No. The signature field is in the digital ID dialog box from the software. Others have had this issue as well and have been able to over come the problem by creating an image of their signature and them importing it through a text field allowing them to size the signature and place it as desired, Thanks again.

• 7. Re: Signature Size
                      Steven.Madwin Adobe Employee

Hi TKL,

Like George noted above, this is hard to visualize because you are using terminology that doesn't conform to Acrobat's default user interface. First up, a signature field can only be on the PDF file, it's not something you see on a dialog. There is no "digital ID" dialog box either, there's the Digital ID & Trusted Certificate Settings dialog, there's a Certificate Viewer dialog, there's a Sign dialog with a drop-down list of usable digital IDs, so I'm not quite sure what you are referring to in this case.

Can you write out the steps to get to the dialog that is giving you trouble? This will give me a better idea of what you see and what you think should happen.

Thanks,

Steve