• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please Help! I tried to upgrade Flash Player, but have older computer

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Help! -- I tried to upgrade FLASH PLAYER, but I have an older MAC laptop OS X 10.4 = Version 4.1.3 (4533.19.4). 

I need to UPGRADE Flash Player; however it's not available -- Recently, I cannot watch some videos or access particular websites.

I'm a teacher, and CAN'T AFFORD to buy  a new computer at this time.

> Can Adobe Corp. please help by offering an expanded range of UPGRADE support ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, if you're running OS 10.4, odds are that your Mac is a PowerPC model (-About This Mac will let you know for certain), and the newest version that will run on your system is Flash Player 10.1.102.64 and 9.0.289.0 (126 MB)

That's a direct link to the download, you can right click (or control+click) and save it to your downloads folder. Expand it with Stuffit Expander and run the 10.102.64 installer.

That's the best that can be hoped for because if your Mac is PowerPC, and I suspect it is, even Apple no longer supports it since September of 2009. The next OS X version (10.5) won't run the latest Player either. You'd need an Intel Mac with 10.6.3 or newer to use Flash Player 11.8.800.94.
PowerMax does have some really good deals on "pre owned" Macs. I've bought three from them myself over the years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines