5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2013 8:06 AM by John T Smith

Audio loses time

kansasaudio234

I am trying to edit videos recorded on an iPad 2.

Regardless of how I import the video, the audio loses time as the video progresses.

I have tried different presets.  They don't work.

It appears that the problem is that the video is recorded with 44 kHz Audio Sample Rate and Premier elements is set at 48 kHz.  I have looked all over the internet, searched the manual, etc.  I can't figure out how to fix this.

I don't have this problem when I try to edit the footage with Windows Movie Player.  I don't want to use that software and can't figure out how to fix this.

• 1. Re: Audio loses time
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you ensured that your project is properly set up for your video?

If your project settings match your video specs, you will NOT see yellow-orange lines along the top of the timeline in Expert View.

is this the case in your project?

You can see your project settings under the Edit menu. What settings does your project show? And what is the resolution of your video?

• 2. Re: Audio loses time
            kansasaudio234 Level 1

I have tried to change the settings, yes.  I can't seem to figure out what is the "right" setting as there is no preset for ipad 2 video and I can't find any clear directions on how to determine which setting is best.  So, I have tried many different settings to no avail.

It is a MOV file

1280 (w) x 720 (h)

data rate is 10521 kbps

total bitrate is 10584

frame rate is 24 frames/second  (although one program analysis indicated it was 24.02 frames/second)

audio bitrate is 62 kbps

channel 1 (mono)

audio sample rate is 44 kHz

This is one example of 13 videos, all roughly the same length, that I need to edit.  If you can direct me to a specific preset to try, I'd appreciate it.  I have just gone through the list and tried the ones that have 24 f/s.

They don't work.

• 3. Re: Audio loses time
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you ensured that your project is properly set up for your video?

If your project settings match your video specs, you will NOT see yellow-orange lines along the top of the timeline in Expert View.

is this the case in your project?

You can see your project settings under the Edit menu. What settings does your project show? And what is the resolution of your video?

• 4. Re: Audio loses time
                kansasaudio234 Level 1

Well, the problem here is that I've been trying to set the project up properly for the video but am not having success. 

As I said, I've tried many different presets.  Most recently, I tried the DSLR 23.976 f/s option. 

With this setting, there are no lines  along the top of the timeline in Expert view.

The audio still gets slightly ahead of the video.

• 5. Re: Audio loses time
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is about iphone, but the idea may also work for ipad... see message #22 http://forums.adobe.com/thread/934466