2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2008 11:46 AM by rossimo

CuePoints Nav and Events Question

rossimo
      I have one FLV with cuePoints assigned during encoding. I need the FLV to stop play at a specified cuePoint and jump to a navigation screen set-up in my timeline. Then from that screen in my timeline, the user needs to dictate where the playhead picks up in the FLV according to their selection.

I would like to do this in AS 2.0, but will go with AS 3.0 if that is the best route.

Any and all help is much appreciated!-
      |shawn|
        • 1. Re: CuePoints Nav and Events Question
          RossRitchey Level 4
          You are looking for a cuePoint event listener.

When using the FLVPlayback component, a cuePoint event is fired every time the playhead reaches a cuePoint.

var listener:Object = new Object();

listener.cuePoint = function(evt:Object){
          //do my actions in here
          }

myFLVPlayer.addEventListener("cuePoint",listener);

As for dictating where the playhead starts up again, there is a seek() function in the video class

myFLVPlayer.seek(time);

Obviously, myFLVPlayer needs to be swapped with your FLVPlayback instance name, and time is a number that you can change to your variable, or hardcode numbers.
          • 2. CuePoints Nav and Events Question
            rossimo Level 1
            Thank you very much! I will try that out right now.

Ritchey, I am looking for a sub-contract/freelance Flash Programmer. Is this something you do? If so, lets get in touch. Send me a PM with your contact information.

EDIT: I was checking on my PMs and noticed that Abobe Forums default set-up has PMs disabled. I have enabled my PMs. If you tried to PM me and it didn't work, try again.

Going to try your suggestions now. Thanks again and I look forward to getting a PM from you,

|shawn|