• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE CORP. DISCRIMINATES AGAINST APPLE USERS & OLDER MODEL COMPUTERS

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Help! -- I tried to upgrade FLASH PLAYER, but I have an older MAC laptop OS X 10.4 = Version 4.1.3 (4533.19.4). 

I need to UPGRADE Flash Player; however it's not available -- Recently, I cannot watch some videos or access particular websites.

I'm a teacher, and CAN'T AFFORD to buy  a new computer at this time.

> Can Adobe Corp. please help by offering an expanded range of UPGRADE support ??

I am very upset about this DISCRIMINATION.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't post the same question mutliple times; especially since someone has already replied to your first topic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MarcyTeacher wrote:

Please Help! -- I tried to upgrade FLASH PLAYER, but I have an older MAC laptop OS X 10.4 = Version 4.1.3 (4533.19.4). 

I need to UPGRADE Flash Player; however it's not available -- Recently, I cannot watch some videos or access particular websites.

I'm a teacher, and CAN'T AFFORD to buy  a new computer at this time.

> Can Adobe Corp. please help by offering an expanded range of UPGRADE support ??

I am very upset about this DISCRIMINATION.

It's NOT discrimination by any means. PowerPC is an architecture that hasn't been used by Apple for more than nine years now. It'll be ten in January. Even federal law doesn't require them to support it for more than seven years after they've "sunsetted" it. With the release of OS 10.6 in September of 2009 (48 months ago now), Apple ended ALL support for PowerPC computers and ANY software that ran on them. Adobe continued to develop Flash Player for OS 10.4 for more than a year after that, ending development of PowerPC Flash Player in November of 2010. That was more than most every other software developer in the world did. This isn't something that "just snuck up you" overnight. By computer standards, you've got an "Edsel" on a "Lexus" highway. PowerPC Macs had their day, and I really enjoyed mine while I had them, but they are a thing of the past. I posted a reply in your other thread with a link to a very reliable and affordable place to get a good used Mac with an Intel processor. I can empathize with your plight as a teacher, but you should know better than anyone that you NEED the right tools to do the job well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines