17 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2013 9:20 AM by jZXCVjk

Wave Warp Problem

jZXCVjk

I have the wave warp effect applied to a clip. It's animated and for most of the clip it's fine. Then around 3/4 of the way through the clip, it simply stops. I have keyframes that extend to the end of the clip so I don't know why the effect stops. I even deleted and then reapplied the effect, and altered the settings, all to no avail. It hits a point and just stops. Thank You in advance.

-Joe-

• 1. Re: Wave Warp Problem
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you rendered your timeline (press Enter)?

• 2. Re: Wave Warp Problem
            jZXCVjk Level 1

Hi Steve - Yes, I render the timeline especially because if I don't, the clip plays back choppy.

• 3. Re: Wave Warp Problem

Are you certain that your keyframes go all the way to the end of your clip? Can you post a screen capture of the keyframes workspace?

It is possible that you're zoomed in slightly on the keyframing timeline and you're not seeing the clip's entire duration.

• 4. Re: Wave Warp Problem
                jZXCVjk Level 1

Steve - Yes, I am certain the keyframes go all the way to the end of the clip. Sorry, I can't post a screenshot. I won't be home at my computer until tonight. I zoomed out of the keyframing timeline until the entire clip was visible just to make sure there were were no keyframes that I didn't intend. Oh, and I should mention that before rendering the timeline, the animation appears to be happening. It's after I render it, that it stops.

I will alter a setting like wave height, requiring a re-rendering, and if I scrub the timeline, the effect appears to be working right up until the end. Then when I render it, at a certain point, it just stops and there is nothing different about the clip where the effect stops.

I thought perhaps I may have missed a setting or needed to specify the length of the effect but that doesn't appear to be the case. I've been working on this for two nights and no matter what I do, it happens at the same place each time.

And just as an FYI, I've been using Premiere for years, this is the first time anything like this has ever happened.

Thanks for your help.

• 5. Re: Wave Warp Problem

Once I see a screen cap of the program, your timeline and your keyframing workspace, I'll better be able to help you, jZ. Though you seem to know what you're doing, so I'm sure it's something minor.

• 6. Re: Wave Warp Problem
                    jZXCVjk Level 1

Steve - I will upload it here when I get home tonight.

Thanks again!

-Joe-

• 7. Re: Wave Warp Problem
                      jZXCVjk Level 1

Steve: I was able to go home at lunch and grab a screenshot. Here it is. The Wind Warp stops about half way between the second and last series of keyframes.

Thanks!

-Joe-

screenshot.jpg

• 8. Re: Wave Warp Problem
                        jZXCVjk Level 1

Whoa that is tiny! The screenshot is actually pretty big and clear. Do you need me to send it to you some other way so you can really see it?

-Joe-

• 9. Re: Wave Warp Problem

No, that's very good. When I click on it, it's much bigger.

I see that there's a keyframe at the beginning and end -- and one about halfway through the clip. Why this mid-way keyframe?

• 10. Re: Wave Warp Problem
                            jZXCVjk Level 1

The mid-way keyframe was to alter the wave size and speed. Actually, the only reason why I added it was because when I had no keyframes at all, the effect stopped about 3/4 of the way through the clip. I added keyframes and animated two parameters in order to insure it would last through the entire clip. It doesn't. It still stops at the same point, about 3/4 of the way through the clip. You can see that the effect is being added to a still image that does not change.

• 11. Re: Wave Warp Problem

Sorry, jZ. I haven't a clue why this is happening.

• 12. Re: Wave Warp Problem

jZ, I've been playing around with Wave Warp. It's a pretty intensive effect! Do you have a good, fast quad-core computer and a good graphics card?

It might be worth outputting a test MP4 to see if you see the problem on your finished file. I recommend you go to Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the YouTube SD preset to create your test file.

Also, I see you have other video on the track above your PSD. What happens if you (temporarily) remove the video on the upper tracks and re-render? Does your effect play any better?

• 13. Re: Wave Warp Problem
                                  jZXCVjk Level 1

Steve - Yes, I have an 8 core processor, 64 bit, 16 gb of ram, and a terrific graphics card. I will output the file to see if it works. I rendered a test with ALL of the video and audio removed except for the one clip with the wave warp. No change. But I didn't output that to a file. That's what I will do now. I will let you know what the results are. Thank you for the suggestion!

-Joe-

• 14. Re: Wave Warp Problem
                                    jZXCVjk Level 1

Steve - I made the MP4 (it took an hour and a half), and the wave warp stopped at the same point as it does in the preview. Then I deleted the clip entirely, re-imported it, applied the wave warp to it and had the same result. I really don't understand what the problem could possibly be. I tried to apply a "bend" effect but at the lowest allowable settings for it, it moves too fast.

Thank you for your time. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know, otherwise, I guess I'll just have to live with this.

-Joe-

• 15. Re: Wave Warp Problem
                                      jZXCVjk Level 1

Well Steve, I think I found a solution! I noticed that the effect stopped working at 4 minutes and 17 seconds, no matter what changes I made to it.

I made an entirely new project, imported different clips, applied the wave warp, and sure enough, 4 minutes and 17 seconds into the clips, it stopped.

So I then went back to my original project and imported the still image twice making each one roughly a little over 2+ minutes and it seems to work. I haven't rendered it to a file yet but the effect does play throughout the entire video now in the preview AFTER I rendered it, which it didn't do before. It would play correctly prior to rendering, but after rendering, it hit the 4:17 limit and stopped.

It's not an elegant solution, but I'll take it.

Apparently, on my computer, the wave warp effect only lasts for 4:17 no matter what I do to it. I should also point out that I haven't had this happen with any other effect, just the wave warp.

Thanks again for your time and suggestions! I do appreciate your effort to help.

-Joe-

• 16. Re: Wave Warp Problem

Strange that you need to work around the effect -- but I'm glad you've found some solution, Joe!

• 17. Re: Wave Warp Problem
                                          jZXCVjk Level 1

Thanks!  Me too!