4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2013 11:44 AM by Jim_Simon

Footage from Media Browser displays incorrect date

JourneyFilmJB

When importing P2 media directly from the media browser into the project panel, the project panel that displays the "date created" data is offset by six hours. I can't find any settings within premiere to correctly display the date according to the time zone that the camera displays. Here is a picture of a file in the media browser:

Screen Shot 2013-09-11 at 9.00.32 AM.png

The "date created" reads that the file was recorded at 2013-06-30 with a time of 12:39:32 (which matches the time on the original .mxf file). However, when I drag the media into the project panel in premiere I get this:

Screen Shot 2013-09-11 at 10.41.09 AM.png

The "date created" field reads 6-30-2013 with a time of 5:39:32; offset by 6 hours. I can't find any preference in premiere that changes the internal premiere clock, as it were, so I'm baffled at how to fix this. I've also seen this affect other media types beyond P2; I've tried it with other media types and get a similar error (Canon DSLR h.264 footage is also offset by 6 hours; AVCHD footage rewrapped as Quicktimes using clipwrap, oddly, shows the date consistently as 12/31/03, 16:00:00; even though the file "date created" time is much more current and correct).

Any ideas?