4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2013 9:06 AM by A.T. Romano

Media Encoding Error

Mike Manooch

Hi:

I have been using Pre-11 for some time with no significant issues but today while burning a dvd, during encoding the media the blank dvd-R was ejected(without burning), encoding stopped and the following long error message was displayed:

"Internalsoftwareerror:\vobulator\BlackPlanner\BlackPlanner.ccp,line215"

I cancelled the process, rebooted and tried again with the same result. Yesterday I had burned the same project(two copie) with no problem. I have surched the Internet for this error and found no mention of it.

The computer is home built: OS Win 7 professional 64bit, Motherboard Asus Sabertooth P67, Processor Intel Core i7-2600K(not over clocked), Memory 8 Gig., separate boot drive and video storage(Internal 7200rpm, 2 terabyte).

I have not installed or uninstalled and new software nor added any hardware. Your help is appeciated.

Mike M.

• 1. Re: Media Encoding Error
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As a test, set your DVD output to a folder on your hard drive and then use the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to the folders disc (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

When you write to disc with Imgburn, use the SLOWEST possible speed setting, so your burner has the best chance to create "good, well formed" laser burn holes... since no DVD player is required to read a burned disc, having a "good" one from a high quality blank will help

Use Taiyo Yuden single layer or Verbatim Two layer Or Falcon Pro for inkjet printable Two layer

• 2. Re: Media Encoding Error
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike M

Please clarify, is this the exact same project.prel and Timeline that you say you burned to disc DVD-VIDEO the other day. No changes of any kind from then

until this time? Just saving/closing/re-opening and another burn to disc DVD-VIDEO?

I am specifically thinking about scene markers and stop markers, placement and spacing. Also, I am thinking of disturbances in the Timeline from good to now bad.

Please expand the Timeline with the -+ slider above the Timeline to see if you can spot any slivers/leftovers which will probably present as very thin vertical black lines scattered around the track(s) content. Looks also for gaps, transition placements - anything that you did not have first time around.

Also, please check out your error message. I suspect that you have misnamed it. I think that you are dealing with a vocabulator/bloc or block planner error rather than a vocubulator/black planner error.

Please review and then we can discuss the results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Media Encoding Error
              Mike Manooch Level 1

John & Romano:

Thanks for your suggestions. The problem was resolved and here is what caused it:

I had forgotten to add the credit at the end of the project so I had added the credit(to myself!!) and moved the stop marker by mouse at the end. Once I expanded the timeline the stop marker was off by 4 milimeter!

Moved the stop marker to its proper place and finished the project this AM. Thanks again for the help as always.

Mike M.

• 4. Re: Media Encoding Error
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike M

Glad that your issue is resolved. Good job.

A just in case note since I am not sure about your stop marker situation....make sure not to put a stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline.

Continued success. And, thanks for the follow up.

ATR