The Flash Player 11.9 beta is now available for download from Adobe Labs: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashruntimes/flashplayer/
Several DRM changes and features will be introduced in Flash Player 11.9:
Call to Action:
- Drive your Quality Assurance team to download the Flash Player 11.9 beta to assure that the new Flash Player release does not adversely affect your video workflows.
- Reduce the occurrence of 3346/3322 errors to your users; please update your SWF to version 21 and extend your application's error handlers according to the Adobe Forum article mentioned in the New Features section.
- Resolved issue with Chrome29 introducing an "info bar" which caused DRMError 3365 if users did not click on "Allow" quickly enough.
- Resolved a Windows 8 on Microsoft Surface issue causing occasional DRMError 3342 in video mirror mode.
- Resolved occasional black-out-flashes during playback on certain nVidia ARM tablets.
- Resolved an issue with some Windows 8.1 machines not able to play Adobe Access content
- Ability to recover from a DRMError 3346 or DRMError 3322 (typically encountered by Chrome Browser users) by calling DRMManager.reset: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5520902#5520902
- Ability to return (delete) licenses that have been issued to a device. Note - this requires an Adobe Access 5.0 license server: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/net/drm/DRMManage r.html#returnVoucher()
- Ability to override the LicenseServerURL of a license acquisition via DRMManager.loadVoucher(). API Docs can be found at the end of this Customer Bulletin.
In order to override the License Server URL, the application will add a listener for this event to the DRMManager, and set the serverURL parameter.
public class DRMLicenseRequestEvent extends Event /** * Creates a new instance of a DRMLicenseRequestEvent object. * * @param type the event type string * @param bubbles whether the event bubbles up the display list * @param cancelable whether the event can be canceled * @param inServerURL the URL of the license server * * @playerversion AIR 3.9 * @playerversion Flash 11.9 * @langversion 3.0 */ public function DRMLicenseRequestEvent(type:String, bubbles:Boolean=false, cancelable:Boolean=false, inServerURL : String = null); /** * The URL which will be used to communicate with the license server * * @playerversion AIR 3.9 * @playerversion Flash 11.9 * @langversion 3.0 */ public function get serverURL() : String; /** * Setting this allows you to override the URL which will be used to communicate with the license server * * @playerversion AIR 3.9 * @playerversion Flash 11.9 * @langversion 3.0 */ public function set serverURL(value :String) : void /** * The string constant to use for the license request event * in the type parameter when adding and removing event listeners. * * @playerversion AIR 3.9 * @playerversion Flash 11.9 * @langversion 3.0 */ public static const LICENSE_REQUEST : String = "licenseRequest"; }