5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2013 6:14 AM by Omke Oudeman RSS

Keep several Bridge windows open after restart

complotoli Community Member

Hello,

in Bridge CS5.5 I was able to have several windows open in Bridge at the same time and find these same windows open back again after a restart of the app or the Mac. In CS6 that's no longer the case, only one window remains.

How can I change that back?

Thanks for any hint!

• 1. Re: Keep several Bridge windows open after restart
          Curt Y Community Member

What do you call "several windows open"?  Are these panels, or several instances of Bridge, or something else?

• 2. Re: Keep several Bridge windows open after restart

Thanks for asking, Curt,

I mean actual windows (I have mine as big as the entire screen) layered one in front of the other. Similar to InDesign in «Application frame» (sorry for the faulty name, I work with the german system version) mode with tabs. Only that Bridge has got no tabs (yet…). You go to the menu «file» –> «new window». Really helpful when you want to work with different folders and don't like clicking back and forth in the same window.

Thanks again!

• 3. Re: Keep several Bridge windows open after restart
              Curt Y Community Member

OK, if you are talking about multiple instances of Bridge only 2 things I could see would control this.  If it is Bridge, and you have "start bridge at login" enabled then any changes you make will not be remembered unless you shut down by clicking on File/Exit.

If this is not the case it has to be something in the OS to open program to last configuration. 

Hope this helps.

• 4. Re: Keep several Bridge windows open after restart

I'm not having Bridge start up at login. And no special settings regarding replay or what it's called. Bridge CS 5.1 keeps my windows, version CS6 doesn't, that's all I know, sorry.

• 5. Re: Keep several Bridge windows open after restart
                  Omke Oudeman Community Member

Bridge CS 5.1 keeps my windows, version CS6 doesn't, that's all I know, sorry.

Didn't test it but it might be OS related, although I can't find this setting in the system preferences. To my knowledge per default Bridge opens always with 1 window after restart, at least that was my result for as long as I can remember and I use Bridge from version 1.  In 10.8 you have the option to open all previous windows after restart but even with this set to on it always restarts with only one window pointed to the last used folder from the previous setting.