4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2008 5:15 AM by JoeDaSilva

exporting buttons to dreamweaver

jmc103 Level 1
      I have created six 4-state buttons in Fireworks CS3. Can anyone tell me how I can correctly export them so they will work in Dreamweaver CS3? I have tried exporting them as a Dreamweaver HTML file and importing them in Dreamweaver but the effects don't work. Thank you.
        • 1. Re: exporting buttons to dreamweaver
          Atarah_Atkinson
          i need the same help, i wish someone had responded to your post.
          i have tried to esport my buttons made with FW8 but once i place them in DW8 the effects dont work. idk whats happening, and i wish someone could tell me what i should do.
          ie- how to correctly export the buttons from FW and then place them into DW so that they still work.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

THANKS,
          Atarah
          • 2. Re: exporting buttons to dreamweaver
            JoeDaSilva Level 4
            The way I do it is to export two states of my button, the up state and over state, giving each image a unique name, ie: button01_up.jpg and button01_ov.jpg. Then open up dreamweaver, go to INSERT > IMAGE OBJECTS > ROLLOVER IMAGE. Enter a unique name, then select the appropriate images for each state. Enter an ALT tag and leave the location blank for now.

Dreamweaver will insert the javascript and setup the rollover effect for you.

I wouldn't suggest using the Fireworks generated code for your buttons, as it's not intended to be used for production work, only quick mockups.
            • 3. Re: exporting buttons to dreamweaver
              Level 7
              JoeyD1978 wrote:

> I wouldn't suggest using the Fireworks generated code for your buttons, as
              > it's not intended to be used for production work, only quick mockups.

There's not one bit of difference in the way Dreamweaver and Fireworks
              code image rollovers.

--
              Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
              --------------------------------------------------------------
              http://www.projectseven.com
              Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
              CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
              http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
              --------------------------------------------------------------
              • 4. Re: exporting buttons to dreamweaver
                JoeDaSilva Level 4
                I was referring to the html that Fireworks creates, namely the spacer gifs and sloppy table structure that it writes. I don't doubt the JS files are the same though.

I will admit that I haven't used the Fireworks code for anything since Fireworks 4, so if it's gotten better then I apologize.