Here's a short an simple to do list for inserting a 3D object in a tripod pan shot.
- Camera Track your footage. Set Tripod Pan in the advanced settings before you start.
- Establish a ground plane by selecting a target then moving the target to the spot in the frame where you want your 3D object to be.
- Scale your target by holding down the alt/option dragging and insert a solid
- Rotate the solid so that it is oriented the way you want your object to object to appear in the final shot
- Now get ready to insert your 3D layer. You can use C4D or add a 3D text layer.
To add a 3D text layer just Add a Text layer using the same target you used to set the ground plane
To add a C4d object select all of your layers then go to File>Export>Maxon Cinema 4D exporter.
Inside Cinema 4D Lte spin down the objects panel to reveal the camera and the layers. With your solid selected add a new object. It will be in the same place as your solid. Complete your modeling and then import the new C4D file into AE and drop it in the top of the timeline. Set Cineware to use the comp camera.
That will get your object in the scene. It is as easy as being hit by a bus.
Now comes the hard part. Do the color grading. There are a zillion ways to do that so we'll have to cover that in some other tutorials.