5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 11:56 AM by simmok

InDesign CC won't package my fonts?

cf6711

The program says it "can not copy necessary fonts" even after I go back through and find all the fonts in the document.

My version of InDesign is up to date.

Operating system is 10.8.4

I can't think of what else to do...

• 1. Re: InDesign CC won't package my fonts?
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Which fonts cannot be packaged? Do they work if you place them in another file and package?

• 2. Re: InDesign CC won't package my fonts?
            cf6711 Level 1

Fairfield LH and Myriad Pro (about 12 fonts total in the document)

These are Adobe font folio 11 fonts that i own and have used trouble-free

for about 4 years.

If I open a new document, type some type, and format it with Fairfield and

Myriad, InDesign collects them.

If I copy and paste a line of type from the troublesome document into this

new document (that did collect), it won't collect them now.

Hmmm.

Wondering how I can tell InDesign CC where these font files are, so it will

grab them...

• 3. Re: InDesign CC won't package my fonts?
              Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It appears the file has become corrupted. Save or export as IDML and reopen it in InDesign.

• 4. Re: InDesign CC won't package my fonts?
                cf6711 Level 1

Did not work.

Ugh...

• 5. Re: InDesign CC won't package my fonts?
                  simmok

I am having the exact same issue (and apparently tons of other people are too according to other posts I've read).  There are no slashes or odd characters in my file name, images or font names.  I have reviewed every single font to make sure it is not "locked" and that I am authorized to "read/write" not just read the font.  I tried saving as an IDML file and then reopening in InDesign, but as cf6711 experienced, it didn't help.  I had no issues packaging the exact same fonts when I was using CS6, but now that I'm using InDesign CC it won't package certain fonts.  Anyone have any other ideas or solutions?  Thank you! 

(I know I can package the file and not include fonts, and then copy the fonts myself to a "fonts" folder I create, but this can take up a lot of precious time.)