• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I copy font attributes to many titles at once?

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I really like that CC has introduced the ability to create copies of a title on the timeline... but once you have many, many titles on the timeline is it possible to copy and paste font attributes from one title to all the others? I need to change the font size of about 100 titles and currently I need to open each one individually and change the setting. Any advice most appreciated, thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is either open them to change them, or start over with one that is the way you want it.

It is all a matter of planning ahead. But feel free to submit a feature request:

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, thanks for the response. I will do a feature request - i think it would be a good idea to be able to copy and then paste attributes of the font. I use titles in this way all the time to do custom subtitles and unfortunately no amount of planning ahead can help when a client changes their mind at the last minute

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered a handy help for this problem. It isn't the feature you (or we) want but it is a help. I recently used the otherwise apparently useless Title Styles window in the Pr title tool to make my own "Style". I too needed to update a bunch of titles with a new font size.

1. Change one Title to the style and size you want

2. Use the menu for the Title Styles window (upper right of the Style Library window) to save style with "New Style..."

the current style with all its attributes will appear at the end of the style library. Drag it up to the top of the list so you can click on it easily.

3. Go to the next Title you want to change and ctrl click on the style you added to the library and chose "Apply Style with Font Size". (I don't know why this isn't the default when just clicking on the style in the library, but maybe that's just because of my needs)

There is no "New Style Library" command so I went one step further and saved the Style Library under a new name, found the XML file in /Users/YourUserName/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/7.0/Profile-CreativeCloud-/Styles/MyNew-workingset.prsl (using TextEdit-on a Mac)

And deleted everything that didn't look like it belonged to the style I needed. Now I have a clean library. A lot of hoop jumping but...

...I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have any changes been made in the past 2,5 years? So is it possible to change all titles at once now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2016 Apr 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually not a fan of the new process for this exact reason.  With every other clip, I can ALT+Drag in the sequence and get a copy.  But with titles, I get a new title, which means changing the original title only changes that original.  Yes, I can still drag from the bin to get a copy, but often it's just easier to ALT+Drag in the sequence, which I can no longer do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on getting a Microsoft Word macro to work that allows me to export one title, then create all of the rest by reading lines of text in the Word file.

There used to be a program that did something like that. I figure a Word macro would be the easiest way for me to do it. Just this morning I posted a message on a Visual Basic for Applications forum asking for a little help with it. I will share it if/when I get it done.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, sorry it is the opposite for you! this was maybe the final feature I needed before moving over 100% from FCP. I haven't got PP open at the moment, but i believe if you do a copy paste using keyboard shortcuts it will copy the clip as you require without having to drag it from the bin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines