9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2013 7:44 PM by Vinay Dwivedi

Premiere Pro CS5.5 Won't Open - Mac

Jacob Barkey Level 1

At first I had problems with AE not opening (hanging at "Initializing Media Core") and the dynamic link to some of the composiitons in my PP project, so I called support. I spent an hour and a half with a lady controlling my computer, and my AE problem seemed to disappear. We hung up, and then I opened my PP project again, and the dynamic link 'started' to work, but then PP randomly shut down. And now I have a PP problem...

I tried reopening and it loaded the project, glitched a little bit on the screen, then it said "Sorry a serious error has occured that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down. We will attempt to save your current project." Now I get it EVERY time I open a project.

So I called support again, and after spending 3 hours with a guy, he told me I had to create a new user account and migrate all of my information there, but he said he could offer me no assistance in this area. I must find out for myself. So I followed the instructions here.

"pick a short user name for your new account. then run the following terminal commands

sudo mkdir /users/newshortname

sudo ditto ~ /users/newshortname

You'll have to enter your admin password (which you won't see) after the first command. that's normal. This will copy your current home directory to /users/newshortname. Then go to system preferences->accounts and create a new account with the short name newshortname. You'll get a popup saying that a home directory by that name already exists and asking if you want to use it. say yes."

As I figured (after waiting a day for all of my files and preferences to transfer to the new account) I had the same problem. I've tried deactivating, re-installing, removing the media core and then putting it back (with the help of Adobe support), and nothing is working. I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.8.

Someone, please offer some assistance. I have been out of commision from editing for three days now, and I have a bunch of deadlines coming up.

HELP ME!