5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2013 1:50 PM by Genevieve Laroche

Editing and adding to a form by participant

malibumona Level 1

Can those who fill out the forms return to add or edit their entries?

• 1. Re: Editing and adding to a form by participant
          Genevieve Laroche Adobe Employee

No. Once submitted the entry can't be modify by the filler.

Gen

• 2. Re: Editing and adding to a form by participant
            malibumona Level 1

Thank you for your reply, would I be able to modify for others who wished to add additional information.

I am pleased with how the results are quite presentable in Excel and my understanding is that anyone with the link can also see the results

IMPORTANT QUESTION: . How long is the form data available for viewing by others or for other relatives to  enter data as time goes on.. If I do not continue membership, will the data info become inaccessible .?

• 3. Re: Editing and adding to a form by participant

You will be able to modify the data if you are the author, co-author or contributor.

If you*publish* your responses then anyone with the published link will be able to *see* the data. This is only true if you publish the responses.

Your data is available as long as yhe author of the form has a active FormsCentral membership.

Gen

• 4. Re: Editing and adding to a form by participant
                malibumona Level 1

Hi,

I have just reread our thread and the question I asked initially -- "Can those who fill out the forms return to add or edit their entries." Your answer was basically "no.." I have highlighted several sentences below. Could you tell me whether I am correct or not?

However, your last post of Sept 17,  says "You will be able to modify the data if you are the author, co-author or contributor. Does that mean that I, as author of the form can go in and add and edit and make changes on behalf of the original filer if they ask me to. All are my family members and we are planning to share all this information at our family reunion on Oct. 5 as family history, so we would prefer it to be both editable and shareable.

If a filler really wants to change things, couldn't they just go back in on the invitation link and start filling out a new form from the beginning? I did that with mine, because I wanted to change some of the narrative data. Can't others do the same?

• 5. Re: Editing and adding to a form by participant

The answer of you first question is Yes. as the author you have full access to the data (add/remove/edit). If you want everyone to have access to the data afterward anyway then you can share the form with all of them as contributor. This way after they fill out the form they can go to the response table themselves to modify their data. This means that everyone will need to have a FormsCentral account (can be a free account).

Or you as try author can modify their data on their behalf (if you don't want to bother everyone with access to modify everyone's data.

Hope this helps

Gen