Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

YouTube videos not working properly in Windows 8

Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I have bought my first windows 8 computer today.

One of the first things I did was install Mozilla Firefox and then Adobe Flash.

To my horror, when I tried to load a YouTube video, one second of the video clip played, then the standard YouTube error message appears.

I have checked that I have properly installed flash player, that my firewall settings are correct, and that i have the latest video drivers.

Flash seems to work on everything besides YouTube and the Microsoft help forum (the submit button wouldn't work...) this is the same in Firefox and whichever version of IE I have installed on here

Any help is greatly received!

Thanks

Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Just to be sure, have you been through EVERYTHING here?: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, have you been through EVERYTHING here?: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello - at the time of writing the original post, I thought I had tried everything...

It turns out, however that Mozilla Firefox does not give you the option to enable or disable activex. As I hate Internet Explorer with a passion, I completely forgot to try disabling activex in that browser until I was absolutely forced to, when I re-read the instructions on the page that you have linked me to... (however I did this before you posted it.)

To cut a long story short, I ended up (after a solid four hours of trying different things) deleting my favourite browser (Firefox) and have now installed Google Chrome, which allows me to watch all the YouTube videos I desire... I'd just turned my computer on to remove this post when I saw that you had replied.

I shall send the Mozilla Devs an email and let them know about this issue - hopefully it will get somewhere in future updates!

Many thanks!

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines