2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2013 12:21 PM by Netcommercial

Save as  a Background Preset?

Netcommercial Level 1

Hi All,

I cannot remember, if I can save a shape layer as a background preset? I have a my preset folder. I created to save multi effects as a preset.

I want to save a shape layer with a gradient on it, as a background layer. Albeit a simple 'to create' I want to know how and if I can save it as a preset. To import as I see fit.

Thanks

NC

• 1. Re: Save as  a Background Preset?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Yes, of course. You just have to keep in mind that presets store properties, not layers, so you have to create an empty shape layer first and then apply the preset.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Save as  a Background Preset?
            Netcommercial Level 1

Thank you Myleniium. Guess that is why all the Googling I did, was about saving Presets. So I must save it as a preset, such as, Gradient, rotation, and whatever. Then When I want to use that set up. I must open a NEW shape layer and then apply the preset created to it.

Curious though, under my *Presets there are folders that show backgrounds in them. Along with the ones I Dload from Adobe Ex. (.FFX files if I recall? I am on my laptop ATM, so I may have the .ext wrong)

How are those created so that when I browse in Bridge I can see the effect and the shape layer it is applied to?

Thank you

NC