3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2013 3:25 PM by HappyHello242

Open Project Error

HappyHello242

Hi!

Yesterday I was working on a project, and this morning when I opened AE, I tried opening my project file but I always get this error:

"After Effects warning: Unable to import file

"<the project's name>' as a project (bad format or not readable)"

Please help, I've been working on this project for so many hours and now it just won't open.

For some reason auto-save wasn't turned on.

My other projects open up, but not this one.

I've tried to import my project into a new one but I get the same error.

Is my file corrupted?

If so, how can I fix that?

Please help I feel like I'm going to faint.

Oh and I'm using Adobe After Effects CC.

Please help and thank you!

• 1. Re: Open Project Error
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You have to provide much more info liek what you actualyl used in your project, what system and os on. and yeah, auto-save may sometimes save the day, but this is even better:

Work File Safety

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Open Project Error
            HappyHello242 Level 1

Thank you for your help! I actually just found a non-corrupted file of my project on my external hard-drive's back up, luckily. I'm not sure how I can prevent this from happening again though.

But still, thank you!

• 3. Re: Open Project Error
              HappyHello242 Level 1

Oh and I'm on Windows 8, and I used the plug-ins that come with AE, and optical flares. But I highly doubt that's the case. Last night, I forgot to shut down my computer, and the next day I got an error saying 'Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart' and after all that, I opened AE and I got another error (I can't remember what it said though something about AE.) So after all that, I opened my project and got the error mentioned in the question. I believe my file got corrupted during the random restart of my PC. I guess I should've stated all this info before, but I was so worried I couldn't think straight. But since I found another saved version of my project in my back up, I'm fine.

Oh and thank you so much!