9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2013 11:19 AM by A.T. Romano

Elements Premier 11 Stops Working

Gibbefitt

Premier 11 stops working after it opens my organizer.  This is after I tried to import photos from my cell phone which caused the program to crash.

Very frustrated.  Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Elements Premier 11 Stops Working
          Barbara B. Level 7

Moving to the Premiere Elements forum, since hardly anyone here uses PRE.

• 2. Re: Elements Premier 11 Stops Working
            Gibbefitt Level 1

I thought I am in the Premier Elements Forum?

• 3. Re: Elements Premier 11 Stops Working
              Gibbefitt Level 1

Correction:  The software problem is for Photoshop Elements 11.0.  Sorry about that.

• 4. Re: Elements Premier 11 Stops Working
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Gibbefitt

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11?

What cell phone are these videos coming from and what are there properties including file extension? Is your cell phone giving you video with variable frame rate? Could you post a MediaInfo (tree view) properties readout for one of these problem videos?

http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

On another front, what happens if you transfer the video from the cell phone to your computer hard drive and from there import these cell phone videos into Premiere Elements 11 with Premiere Elements 11's  Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the video(s) to the Expert workspace Timeline?

In that regard, is the program automatically setting the correct project preset to match the properties of these source media?

What do you see for Editing Mode, Timebase, and Frame Size under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General. Depending on your information, we may need to set the project preset manually before importing the source media into the project. File Menu/New/Project - Force Selected Project Setting on this Project.

When you import your media into the program as I have just described it is automatically copied into the Elements Organizer 11. So, you see I am seeking a "back door" approach to troubleshooting the issue here. With those results, we can then address the "front door" approach.

Please review, and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Elements Premier 11 Stops Working
                  Gibbefitt Level 1

I am sorry.  I have moved this post ot Photoshop Elements 11.0 forum as suggested by the previous response.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate.  Cell phone is a DROID.  Video files are MP4 format.  Not sure about frame rates.

I agree that I should have copied the files from cell to computer.  I think Photoshop Elements was pulling files from other than the picture / video files so I don't know what it actually imported.

I cant even open Elements now to look at the properties.

• 6. Re: Elements Premier 11 Stops Working
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Gibbefitt

Please clarify. After writting in detail a troubleshooting scheme for a Premiere Elements 11 issue, I see in post 3 you writing

Correction:  The software problem is for Photoshop Elements 11.0.  Sorry about that.

Is that the final answer? If this is strictly a photos and Photoshop Elements issue, then I am expecting Barbara Brundage to move your thread back to where it started in the Photoshop Elements Forum.

We will offer preliminary assists with comments:

a. Are you having problems importing photos into your Elements Organizer 11 aside from these photos from the cell phone which you have yet to name?

b. How are you importing your photos into Elements Organizer 11?

c. Depending on your answers to the above, have you deleted the Elements Organizer 11 settings file? And/or have you tried creating a new catalog?

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Elements Premier 11 Stops Working
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Gibbefitt

At this point, I am not sure where your thread will physically end up, but let me offer some consideration since you mention .mp4 video files in the mix.

a. Do you have Premiere Elements 11 as well as Photoshop Elements 11? Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer - Windows 7 Ultimate, presumed 64 bit? Are the .mp4 videos 720p or 1080i or 1080p?

b. Given your present situation, how about deleting the Elements Organizer 11 settings file (the longer route)

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and, in the Organizer Folder, delete the psa.prf file or disable it by renaming it from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD

More later.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

• 8. Re: Elements Premier 11 Stops Working
                        Gibbefitt Level 1

Yes.  That is the final answer.  Sorry for the confusion.  This is strictly to do with Photoshop Elements 11.0; however, Photoshop Elements organize does all you to import videos.

Answers to 1-3)

a) The first time I had trouble importing photos was from my Droid 4.

b) Importing photos from a card reader normally.  When I imported from Droid 4 it was with a USB cable directly to the phone.

c) N/A as I am not running premiere

• 9. Re: Elements Premier 11 Stops Working
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Gibbefitt

I have not been checking the Photoshop Elements Forum, so I am not up to date on what is happening there with your thread.

Just a quick question.

You responded to by how do you import question with

b) Importing photos from a card reader normally.  When I imported from Droid 4 it was with a USB cable directly to the phone.

Do you have any success with your cell phone videos with one of these routes, such as, ....transfer from phone to computer hard drive save location for Elements Organizer 11 File Menu/Get Photos and Videos/From Files and Folders versus transfer from cell phone/USB cable/direct to Elements Organizer 11 File Menu/Get Photos and Videos/From Card Reader?

ATR