3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2013 1:31 AM by Lilybiri

Scoring issue in Captivate6

Sona S

Hi,

I am developing a module in Captivate 6 with flash output. the module has 5 topics and the 5th topic is disabled till all the other topics have been visited, so i send a score of 5 on the launch page on topic5.

The problem is the course has two ways of navigation:

1: each topic has its own launch page.

2. linear navigation.

Hence when visiting linearly I need to check the condition if all the other topics have been visited or no, but as this page already has many clickable, captivate gets hanged if i set one more variable to check this condition.

Do you have any option to get this done?

Thanks,

Sona

• 1. Re: Scoring issue in Captivate6
          Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Could you explain what is your present solution? Because this is certainly possible with variables and advanced actions (have multiple examples on my blog).

Do you have a user variable that is toggled for each topic? When and by which event do you change its value? Can you post a screenshot of the conditional action that you are using to enable navigation to the 5th topic?

Lilybiri

• 2. Re: Scoring issue in Captivate6
            Sona S Level 1

Hi Lilybiri,

Thanks for your reply.

I am now able to do the required functionality and it is working .... but a new problem has come up.... the reporting works fine on WIN7 machine but when played through XP the score is not being recorded. I am testing it on Moodle1.9, what could be the reason?

Regards,

Soniya

• 3. Re: Scoring issue in Captivate6
              Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I don't have any experience with Moodle. Could you try it out on Scorm Cloud, could be another problem with Moodle.