3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2013 1:44 PM by ECBowen

Help whit laptop.

StefanL.

Hi, I need your help. I have a 670 i3930k/gtx ... I use it for video editing, premiere, after, Resolve etc. But now I need a laptop for travel. The thing is that I'm going to California 3-6 months.

The first question is 15 "or 17"? Actually I do not know if 17 "is plenty to go around moving, do not remember how big they were, but I would say that much ..

I have seen these two options:

154G Portable Studio3D MOUNTAIN:

http://www.mountain.es/epages/Mountain.sf/es_ES/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Store.Mo...

MSI GT60 2OD-026US 15.6 "Gaming Laptop

http://www.gentechpc.com/showpages.asp?pid=1254

All two are about 1.500€/$2000

If you know of other models show me me.

Now edit much h.264 files, but is advancing both the audiovisual world next year any camera will shoot with the new codes H.265, RAW, 4K, etc.. And the thing is that last longer than a year. A Mac also was an option, but it seems expensive.

Sorry for my English

Thanks

• 1. Re: Help whit laptop.
          Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

My suggestion is to contact Eric at ADK for the best possible advice.

• 2. Re: Help whit laptop.
            Alex - DV411 Level 2

Dell M4700 (soon to become M4800), Lenovo W530 are in the $2K (US) price range, well equipped for editing.

Dell has a 3-year worldwide warranty on their "workstation-class" laptops, on-site in the US and some other countries. Not sure if Lenovo's warranty is on-site as well.

A 15-inch 1080p screen is enough for me, for HD editing purposes, but generally, screen size preference is really individual. If you don't plan to move around a lot while editing, an external 24" 1080p monitor might be a better option than a large laptop.

• 3. Re: Help whit laptop.
              ECBowen Most Valuable Participant

The Mountain Laptop is what I would recommend. Honestly both are close to the same in specs and will definitely handle what you are working with now. However the Mountain laptop is a Clevo shell and would be what I would suggest. I wont commend on my experience with MSI shells here because of what I might say

Eric

ADK