0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2013 5:12 PM by Dirttracker86

Hard drives and verbage

Dirttracker86

Hello,

And here we go. Super Newbie and as green as they get. lol

Buidling  a new system and crawling my way through but need help on hard drives and the verbage people use about pointing things to which drive. I havent used Abode before so this is all so new to me I'm totally confused. lol.

First off, here are my Hard drives:

SSD= OS and Programs (CS6 CC, and Powerdirector. I know, I know, PD is newbie stuff but hey, I'm a green newbie, lol)

WD Black 32mb chache x 2 in Raid 0 = ?

SG 7200 64mb cache x 2 in Raid 0 = ?

WD Black 32mb cachex 1 = Export

I think that is how "Harm" says to configure the drives but way to green to be asking him questions. lol. The problem is I don't really understand what items to point to which drive. Like when someone says scratch files. Where do I find scratch files and how do I point them toward which drive ?

Here is a list of some of the expressions used that I need info on:

Scratch= where and how ?

Media Cache files = where and how ?

Media cache database = where and how ?

captured media = where ?

Project files = where and how ?

Previews = where and how ?

I'm sure I am forgetting some of the other items so feel free to add those also.

Finally, I would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!! To Harm and all the other experts on this website that answer these newb questions over and over and over ! I have followed you guys like crazy and that is the only way I could have gotten this far ! Maybe some day I can have half the knowledge you guys have and can return the favor to the next generation of newbs.