4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2013 5:27 AM by Steve Grisetti

Copy projects

cmarch2106116

I want to combine to seperate projects into one new project, how do I do that? Thanks

• 1. Re: Copy projects
          A.T. Romano Level 7

cmarch2106116

The question that you ask is a classic story.

1. You cannot import one project.prel (project file) into another. I suspect that you know that already. And, you cannot use a copy/paste scheme just using the computer operating system.

2. One route is to export the Timeline from one project to file (appropriate for the project goal) saved to the computer hard drive and then import that into the other project.

3. Another is to use a 3rd party software called ClipMate to copy/paste insert between projects. It has worked fine for several versions, and it works also for version 11 (current version), except it has a problem with 11 when it comes to the copy/paste insert for transitions in the Timeline. Please refer to my blog post on this aspect of the Q&A.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/05/pe-clipmate-copypaste-between-pe.html

Please review the above and, if any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Copy projects
            cmarch2106116 Level 1

Thank you for answering my inquiry. Regarding step 2, when you say export the timeline and save to the hard drive. What I tried was I saved my first project and second project to my video library creating a folder in there. Then I created a new project in Premiere elements and tried to export the two projects in the library folder back into the new project in Premiere elements using the add media drop down in the new project. It did not work. I am a bit of a novice and I appreciate you taking your time to educate me. My first objective was to burn this project to DVD. But when I saw how large it had become I decided to divide into two, it had swelled to over 2.50 hours. I wanted the best possible resolution (1080p). The end result was I decided to copy the two individual projects(parts 1and 2) to a portable USB drive. It looks great in 1080p, but I still have two individual files on the portable. I would like to present it as one movie without interruptions. This was a family vacation that I and my wife, my daughter and her husband and my son and his wife, took to Italy last May. I want to leave it as a legacy for my children. Thanks again. Looking forward to hearing from you.  Charles Marchiano

Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 16:43:00 -0700

To: csma8@hotmail.com

Subject: Copy projects

Re: Copy projects

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

cmarch2106116

The question that you ask is a classic story.

1. You cannot import one project.prel (project file) into another. I suspect that you know that already. And, you cannot use a copy/paste scheme just using the computer operating system.

2. One route is to export the Timeline from one project to file (appropriate for the project goal) saved to the computer hard drive and then import that into the other project.

3. Another is to use a 3rd party software called ClipMate to copy/paste insert between projects. It has worked fine for several versions, and it works also for version 11 (current version), except it has a problem with 11 when it comes to the copy/paste insert for transitions in the Timeline. Please refer to my blog post on this aspect of the Q&A.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/05/pe-clipmate-copypaste-between-p e.html

Please review the above and, if any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5687331#5687331

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5687331#5687331

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5687331#5687331. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

• 3. Re: Copy projects
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Charles Marchiano

The important information that we still lack is confirmation of the Premiere Elements version, your computer operating system, and whether you installed Premiere Elements as NTSC or PAL.

For now I will assume Premiere Elements 11 NTSC on Windows 7 or 8 64 bit.

The first thing that we need to factor in is the project setting of projects 1 and 2, assumed the same? Whatever those project presets were for the two projects, the project preset should have matched the properties of the what you imported to the Timeline of each.

Here is an example...if you are using 1080p source media from the same camera throughout and you know that you have 1080p (1920 x 1080 @ 30 progressive frames per second), then you set your project 1 Premiere Elements 11 project preset =

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30

then let us try exporting that

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30

You do the same for project 2.

Each MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30 file is saved to your Libtary Folder.

Then you open a new project (project 3) with the project preset of

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30

and import the 2 files from your Library Folder into Premiere Elements (project 3) with its Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the files to the Expert workspace Timeline.

The burn to would be Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc  with the preset for NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD.

Have you been there and done that?

If not, what is happening? Are you getting errors? If so, what are they saying? Are you getting crashes? Or, other?

Depending on your answers to the above, then we can decide on an alternative export (lesser resolution) from projects 1 and 2 to take into project preset 3 with its project preset set to match the properties of  project 1 and project 2 lesser resolution videos.

Please review and then we can decide what next. Are you in a position to work with DVD double layer single sided (8.5 GB/240 minutes) or Blu-ray?

More later.

ATR

Add On...If you are working with Premiere Elements 11, the program may be not giving you the correct project preset. Check what is being set via Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the Editing Mode, Timebase, and Frame Size readings. You may have to set the project preset manually via File Menu/New/Project with a check mark next to Force Selected Project Setting on this Project.

• 4. Re: Copy projects
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Details for doing this can be found in this article in the FAQs to the right of this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5699145#5699145