3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2013 1:30 AM by joerg eberhardt

What is the largest resolution you can have on the app.

Louie De Mo

I want to buy the app to edit some of my pictures and then upload them to google or flickr directly from my camera to my ipad using a lightning to sd connector. But my Images are 18mp and I see it says up to 12, although I wonder if anyone has tried a higher megapixel rate before without it crashing every 3 mins or something, and thus loosing all their hard work. If anyone has tried it and made it work somehow, please tell me how or why it won't work. (adobe: if you are in on the conversation, please allow higher megapixel images on the app.) Thanks to all in advance.

• 1. Re: What is the largest resolution you can have on the app.
          joerg eberhardt Employee Moderator

4096x4096px is the maximum.

But that should be just fine for google and flickr, right?

• 2. Re: What is the largest resolution you can have on the app.
            Louie De Mo Level 1

This Somewhat Helps, The main Issue is that under the description it says that the Largest megapixel acceptance is 12mp. My camera renders at 18 mp. This would be 5184x3456. What I intend to do is Take a couple of pictures with my camera (Canon T4i), Eject the Sd card(sandisk Extreme 32gb class 10), Use the SD to Lightning adapter(from apple), connect it to my ipad and transfer the images to the pictures app (the preinstalled apple one). Open the Photoshop app select an image and use one of the images from my camera in my ipad to be able to edit and upload. That is it, but if 4096x4096 is all that it accepts then My 5184x3456 image is too big and that would mean that the image will not be accepted by the app. If anything I will have to set my image quality to be lower or to shave off some of the pixels in my pictures, which I would have to use photoshop for, but going to my computer was exactly what i wanted to avoid. Thanks anyway. I guess I will still buy the app and try it out then and if it works I will let you guys know. I was also wondering if anyone had tried it before so I could have some Idea of what would happen, but I guess not so I will be the guinea Pig and try it and if the outcome is positive Get ready to see a whole new way of using your tablet. I will update the results and try to make a video about it if it works. The main test points will be If it accepts the image, and if it doesnt crash and make me lose my files while I was working on them if it crashes.Thanks Guys.

• 3. Re: What is the largest resolution you can have on the app.
              joerg eberhardt Employee Moderator

Do not worry - bigger images are accepted but will then be reduced to a limit of 4096.

The more power the iPad has the less frequent you will encounter memory issues and App crashes.

Working with maximum dimension and max layer count is always critical on those devices.

Just keep in mind to save your project often .

Thanks!