Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using on Mac and Windows

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to purchase CS6 design standard and before I do I wanted to know:

• Can I use the products on Mac and windows (at the same time and one at a time) or do I have to purchase for each platform separately?
  • How many systems can I install and use on simultaneously?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Hi akhan109,

What Kartikay meant here was if you purchase a volume licensing software via Adobe authorized reseller then you will be given two serial number(one for Windows and one for Mac). So you can install the software on either of the machines by inserting the respective keys for Windows or Mac but are not allowed to use the software on both the machines simultaneously but one at a time.

However if you purchase a retail version of the same software from Adobe,com then you will have to purchas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I hope the following would help you

:

• Can I use the products on Mac and windows (at the same time and one at a time) or do I have to purchase for each platform separately?

If you buy it directly from the Adobe's website you will have to select the platform individually however my suggestion would be to contact a local reseller and check if you can get the same version of the product as a Volume License product as we provide the licenses for both the platforms for the Volume Purchases.

• How many systems can I install and use on simultaneously?

As per the EULA , you can install and activate a single license on two computers only one being the primary machine and the second being at your home provided the fact that you are using one of the systems at any given point of time .

Regards,

Kartikay Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you buy it directly from the Adobe's website you will have to select the platform individually however my suggestion would be to contact a local reseller and check if you can get the same version of the product as a Volume License product as we provide the licenses for both the platforms for the Volume Purchases.

If I buy directly from Adobe website and then download a trial of one of the sub-products(Photoshop/acrobat/indesign/..) for Mac and use the license key I got for the windows platform that I purchased, will this not work?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi akhan109,

I am sorry but Windows Serial no won't work on Mac.

regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhijit,

Thanks, then I will try going through the reseller. That license will work on both platforms as suggested by Kartikay right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi akhan109,

What Kartikay meant here was if you purchase a volume licensing software via Adobe authorized reseller then you will be given two serial number(one for Windows and one for Mac). So you can install the software on either of the machines by inserting the respective keys for Windows or Mac but are not allowed to use the software on both the machines simultaneously but one at a time.

However if you purchase a retail version of the same software from Adobe,com then you will have to purchase seperate licenses for WIndows and Mac

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Romit,

I think thats it and yes I plan to use it at only one machine but it is a Mac with windows installed on it . And we'll probably be switching to mac completely and thus I wanted to be sure that it will work either way.

Just one more thing, it is possible to slice the design standard suite to use sub-products on differnt machines at the same time right? For instance, use photoshop on the mac and acrobat on another PC...

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi akhan109,

You can install a single license on two machines but cannot use it simultaneously on both the machines but one at a time.

Please read Eula for more information: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/end-user-license-agreements-faq.html#main_Can_I_in...

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I was looking for but it does not say if it applies to volume licensing or not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use my software on two computers?

If you own, or are the primary user of, a single-user or volume license Adobe product that is installed on a computer at work, you can also install and use the software on one secondary computer of the same platform at home or on a portable computer. However, you may not run the software simultaneously on both the primary and secondary computers.

No more than one user can use a single-user license Adobe product.

Note: AVL customers have to buy two different licenses to use both operating systems, even if they have two different computers. They can only use the same license on another computer (not simultaneously) with the same platform at home.

For more information regarding Adobe's activation policy, including recent changes, see the Product Activation FAQ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So even for volume license the splitting of the suite to install its components on different machines is not allowed?

I know thats what is clearly stated in the EULA FAQ link you provided but it does not mention volume licensing and one of my local resellers said I could slice it. Thats why I want to confirm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So even for volume license the splitting of the suite to install its components on different machines is not allowed?

I know thats what is clearly stated in the EULA FAQ link you provided but it does not mention volume licensing

See http://www.adobe.com/volume-licensing/policies.html

CLP and EA Policies > EULAs

All use of a product is governed by the EULA for the product, which usually must be accepted by electronic click-through. EULAs are posted on the Adobe product license agreements page. Where the CLP 5 and EA terms and conditions conflict with a EULA, the CLP 5 and EA terms and conditions supersede.

one of my local resellers said I could slice it. Thats why I want to confirm.

What you're calling "slicing" is what Adobe's EULA terms "unbundling".

4.5 No Unbundling. The Software may include various applications and components, may allow access

to different Adobe Online Services, may support multiple platforms and languages, and may be

provided to Customer on multiple media or in multiple copies. Nonetheless, the Software is designed

and provided to Customer as a single product to be used as a single product on Computers as permitted

herein. Unless otherwise permitted in the Documentation, Customer is not required to install all

component parts of the Software, but Customer may not unbundle the component parts of the Software

for use on different Computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's it, all licensing doubts cleared. Thanks everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines