3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2013 8:23 AM by Captiv8r

Need Help, put together information, summary to print

Doooerk

Hello,

I need help.

I want to make a e-learning for school children of the 5th class.

I have a lot of excersises like a fill-in-text or drag and drop and so on. Now my question is, can I put the information the children puts in together like a summary at the end of the lesson, so the children can print it like a worksheet at the end?

• 1. Re: Need Help, put together information, summary to print
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there

If what you need is generic, I might consider creating a PDF containing the assets and provide a link to open the PDF and allow them to print from there.

Just use a Click Box or Button and configure it to open URL or file. Then supply the PDF file name and ensure the PDF gets copied to the same place the captivate is.

Cheers... Rick

• 2. Re: Need Help, put together information, summary to print
            Doooerk Level 1

thank you for your fast answer can you explain it a bit more detailed? I just worked since two days with Captivate Thank you

• 3. Re: Need Help, put together information, summary to print
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Happy to provide more detail, but on what, exactly?

Do you need more detail on how to create the PDF? If so, that's a bit beyond the scope of what we usually do here in the Captivate forums. There are many different ways to create a PDF.

As for linking the PDF, I already advised. But you may need more detail here. When you insert a Click Box or a Button object in Captivate, you assign an action that occurs when the user clicks the object. The assignment occurs in the properties panel on the right. The typical action is "Go to next slide", but it's a drop-down you may change. I suggested changing it to assign "Open URL or File". Once you do that, you will see a field where you may type the URL or the file name.

Cheers... Rick