1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 17, 2013 9:12 AM by John T Smith

    Another corrupted project. Rescue without dupes possible?

    SL-Cutter

      Hello there,

       

      I'm no native speaker, so please bear with me.

       

       

      Situation:

       

      10 day documentary edited on PremierePro CC (current iMac, Thunderbolt-RAID, 32GB Ram etc).

       

      Yesterday the project crashed, but when we opened the autosave (the one, that is created when the application crashes) worked fine, so we continued to edit.

      Little did we know that apparently we were editing with a corrupt project file. Editing went fine though and we didn't need to restart, so we did not notice it the whole rest of the day.

      Autosave kept on overwriting non-corrupted saves.

       

       

      So today, we tried to open the project and, well it failed.

       

      >"Premiere Pro has encountered an error.

      >[/sirreact64/releases ...... VideoMediaContent.cpp-175]

       

       

      We tried everything. Clean Cache and Database, reset preferences, put media offline, changed Computers, tried different versions of PremierePro a.s.o.

       

      Finally we were able to open the corrupt premiere project in after effects.

      So now we hoped to get the correct sequence back into an older autosave that still has everthing organized fine.

       

       

      Problem is:

       

      1. sequence from AfterEffects is half fine, but it seems that every crossdissolve etc has to be added again. Tracks are in the wrong order and I guess the whole audio-section needs to be redone. Thats a lot of work but kind of doable.

       

      2. this is the bigger problem: importing the sequence from aftereffects also reimports every mediafile. Even though the media is already in the project.

      I understand that this is the way PremierePro works right now, but it's really a big problem for us.

      This is the first part of an ongoing documentary and there is already 1.5TB of footage neatly organized in the project.

      Creatings dupes of everything renders the whole project practically unusable.

       

      Just creating a new project with only the media from the sequence is not an alternative because we need the rest of the footage to continue with the editing.

       

       

       

      tl;dr:

      project got corrupted, we finally were able to (sort of) rescue the sequence but now need to import only the rescued sequence into an older autosave of the main project without creating dupes of every mediafile.

      ANY ideas?

       

      Or:

      Should we pursue a different path and try to repair the XML inside the corrupted PPro-Project with a tool like "XML wrench"?

       

       

       

      This is a real dealbreaker.

      In over 10 years with FinalCutPro we never lost a backup completely.

      We have autosaves set up in Premiere, but that is useless when PPro just overwrittes the working projectfiles with corrupted ones while editing just fine ON the corrupted projectfile without notifying the user of that problem.

       

       

       

      Crash Report

      if it helps, here is the (shortened) crash report: (from one of the three macs where the crash happens when we try to open the project.

       

       

      Process:     Adobe Premiere Pro CC [1797]
      Path:        /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CC/Adobe Premiere Pro CC.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Premiere Pro CC
      Identifier:  com.adobe.AdobePremierePro
      Version:     7.0.1 (7.0.1)
      Code Type:   X86-64 (Native)

      Parent Process:  launchd [170]

      User ID:     501

       

      Date/Time:   2013-09-17 17:49:14.011 +0200
      OS Version:  Mac OS X 10.8.4 (12E55)

      Report Version:  10

       

      Interval Since Last Report:      40080 sec
      Crashes Since Last Report:       7

      Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  15533 sec

      Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   6

      Anonymous UUID:                  0D0CC1CA-3C22-ED71-1E36-F4825755466F

       

      Crashed Thread:  2  Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.default-priority

       

      Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

      Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

       

       

      [Crash report edited.]