1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2008 9:45 AM by camfieldaj

Getting started.

jeffcg2 Level 1
      I am just getting started with Flex 2 and Flex Builder 3 Beta.

Is there a good place like "Flex Builder For REAL Dumbies"?

I have been able to get thru the Wizards to get some basic projects running. However, when I try to start from scratch and do File > New > Project, I get to the second page "Configure ColdFusion Server" go with "Deployed to J2EE server" (which is not quit right since I am using IIS but neither is Standalone)
      Web root: C:\inetpub\wwwroot
      Root URL: http://192.168.1.100/
      Context root: blank

ColdFusion WAR folder: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot (I copied WEB-INF folder here)
      Output folder: bin-debug

When I hit "Validate Configuration" I get "The output folder is not a subfolder of the server root."
        • 1. Re: Getting started.
          camfieldaj
          I may not be able to help, but which web server you're using doesn't seem to matter. Have you tried leaving those fields blank? I'm using FB for Linux which I think is based on FB3. When I create a new project there's a drop down for Server Technology and I leave that on none. It has selections for ASP, PHP, etc. As long as the end user has the flash plugin installed in their browser, your swf should run. Once I compile, I cp necessary files to a subdirectory in my apache webroot. I've got the O'Reily Flex 2 book which is useful and the Adobe Professional Flex 2 book which has a lot of good explanation but rarely answers my questions.

HTH,

Andy C.(never #)