4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2008 7:45 AM by Peter Grainge

Dowload file

Bob_177
      I would like to allow users to download files from our Help Application developed with RoboHelp for HTML version 7. Can you tell me how to do it?
      Thank you for your help.
      Bob.
        • 1. Re: Dowload file
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          Put the files in a zip file. Put the zips somewhere in your project folders using Windows Explorer. Add those files to baggage. Then create links to them. When the user clicks the link, it will invoke the standard file download dialog.

• 2. Re: Dowload file
            Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            Hi there

In addition to the fine advice offered by my fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter, you may also want to consider creating a page that has links to download. And on this page have some verbiage advising the user to right-click and Save Target As.

I've seen some instances where even though the files were in zip format, they simply opened up when clicking the link and didn't offer to allow me to save the file.

Just a thought... Rick
            • 3. Re: Dowload file
              Bob_177 Level 1
              Hi Peter and Rick,
              Thank you for your answers. In fact, I used both answers in order to make it works because when I click (by using the left button) the link asociated with the "zip" file it opens MS-Explorer showing me the files part of this "zip" file without giving me the possibility to save it on my computer. So as Rick suggested, I put the comment "Right-click the file and select 'Save targe as...' " to inform the users how to download it.
              Can you tell me why the standard file download dialog doesn't work for me?

Thank you for your help.
              Bob.
              • 4. Re: Dowload file
                Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
                I'm guessing, different browsers, different options.