12 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2013 2:46 PM by the_wine_snob RSS

smartsound

.357 Community Member

OK! I give up! What am I doing wrong? I am running the trial version of PE11 and I wanted to use smartsounds so I downloaded the Smartsound folder and it said that the  Smartsound installed correctly. However, when I click on Smartsound I get the message again to download smartsound. Will smartsound not work in the trial version?

• 1. Re: smartsound
          John T Smith CommunityMVP

If you go to the TIPS http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_tips?view=all the 4th entry discusses Smartsound

• 2. Re: smartsound
            A.T. Romano Community Member

Bill Take

Please take a look at the following if all you want is the basic SmartSound soundtracks (there should be 10 free ones for Premiere Elements 11 Windows.

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/installing-smartsound.html

If you want to get involved with the Sonicfire Pro, please see the announcement at the top of the Premiere Elements Forum.

Please let us know if any of that works for you with your tryout.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: smartsound

Bill Tate

Extra question...did you install the Premiere Elements 11 tryout on the same computer where you have Premiere Elements 7? If so, are you able to use the free SmartSound soundtracks with Premiere Elements 7?

ATR

• 4. Re: smartsound
                .357 Community Member

There must be a conflict between the trial PE11 and PE7 on this computer. I get the "insert smartsound Disk" on this computer with both software (Pe7 and PE11). Let me get the key and eliminate the trial and see if that  helps.. I went to another computer and was able to use the smartsound in PE7 just fine. No big deal, plenty of free tracts available anyway on-line. AT, the link to the download is what I used and I am sure it is installed correctly. I'll have the key in a few days and I'll post the result.

• 5. Re: smartsound
                  .357 Community Member

I have installed and purchased PE11 and Photoshop11 on two computers. On one I removed PE7. I have downloaded the Smartsound folder to "My documents" and un-zipped and the Smartsound appears to have been installed successfully  (so says the dialog) but I cannot find the folder that it may have been downloaded to. If I knew the  name of the folder where the files should be, that would help some. This is no big deal. But, I am a fanatic about things working. No ideas? I'll let this go and move on!

• 6. Re: smartsound
                    .357 Community Member

OK... for whatever reason this folder will not install easily, at least in my situation. I "fooled around " with about 3-4 possible "set-ups" within that folder and I was able to install Smartsound to one computer and working on the other. The Smartsound software/program is much more complex than it used to be. I'll have to learn it. So.....I wish I could remember exactly what path I used to accomplish this, but I can't. Thanks to installing grandkids games, That gave me some idea of what to do. This problem is solved, I hope!

• 7. Re: smartsound

Bill Tate

If you have not already, please check out

Local Disc C

Program Files (x86)

SmartSound Software Folder

in the SmartSound Software Folder are some folders. Please see Common Data Folder there for the ReadMe file.

and

Local Disc C

Program Data

SmartSound Software Inc.

Please let us know if that target your question.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: smartsound
                        .357 Community Member

Thanks! I looked there before but that was before I got the program working!

• 9. Re: smartsound
                          .357 Community Member

Thanks for responding AT. I had a little more trouble installing Smartsound on the Windows 8 computer but I am finished with that one too. There is no clear, one, setup.exe. My advice is to click on everything that says "setup" in the different  downloaded folders and it will start/run. When you have done the right thing the individual tunes will start downloading. Now to learn this new Smartsound program!

• 10. Re: smartsound
                            the_wine_snob CommunityMVP

Bill,

Good news.

SmartSound has various tutorials on their Web site, though most do cover aspects of the Sonicfire Pro Scoring Edition (not the PrE Express Tracks version).

I wish that they would do a tutorial set for various host programs, but as the list includeds Adobe Premiere Elements, Premiere Pro, After Effects and then several other NLE programs from AVID/Pinnacle, etc., there would be many different tutorials involved.

I am working with SmartSound to update the Tips & Tricks SmartSound article, to reflect the changes in PrE 11 (hoping things will not change much with PrE 12). If that little project gets done, then I will likely create a tutorial, especially for PrE 11 (and/or PrE 12, when released). More to come - at least I hope so.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: smartsound
                              .357 Community Member

Thanks, Bill! I saw those tutorials when I was installing. When will 12 be out? Usually I can get the free updated version if it comes out real soon. I hope to find out about your upcoming tutorial!

• 12. Re: smartsound
                                the_wine_snob CommunityMVP

Bill,

I have not picked up on any rumors yet. Usually, by about this time of year, a few are floating around. I just checked some usually pretty good sources, and nada - yet. My guess would be release of PrE 12 on October, 10. But remember, that is ONLY a guess.

Still waiting for some additional input from SmartSound, but they are usually very quick. Again with the guesses, they will get back to me on Monday, and then I will need to pass the final draft by them, for any corrections, or amendments. Should have something by late next week, and I will post a link to this thread, when it's done. I also have to determine the best way to publish the PrE 11 (and hopefully PrE 12) updates, as the existing SmartSound Tips & Tricks article was originally done a long time ago, when PrE used the SmartSound QuickTracks plug-in, as did PrPro, and Sonicfire Pro was ONLY a stand-alone program, at about version 3.5, IIRC. Much has changed, and while much of that article and the amendments still apply to older versions of Premiere (both Elements and Pro). That will take some major thought.

More to come,

Hunt