Flash Player Beta Channel Update
The latest Flash Player 11.9 builds are now available. You can download Flash Player here: http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta.
- Safe Mode in Safari 6.1 and higher
Safari 6.1 includes an updated version of Safari with Safe Mode, which implements new security restrictions on the operation of browser plug-ins. To the extent possible, we've adapted Flash Player to transparently handle these changes. A small number of behaviors will change in the context of Safe Mode and are explained in the Known Issues section below.
- 64-Bit PPAPI Flash Player for Chrome
(Currently available in the Chrome Canary channel)
- Mac .pkg Installation Support
Deploying Flash Player and keeping it up to date in enterprise environments is a critical task for system administrators worldwide. We’re introducing a new .pkg installer format for our distribution partners to reduce their workload. Administrators can now deploy Flash Player for Mac using industry-standard management tools.
This release focuses on enhanced premium video capabilities and new platform support. We're looking for feedback on stability and compatibility with existing content on these new platforms.
MacOS users should be testing with the lastest Mavericks Developer Preview (currently 3). Feedback on content with complex scenarios involving localConnection, ExternalInterface/External API, and FileReference will be especially helpful.
The following behaviors will be modified in Safari 6.1 and higher in Safe Mode:
- AIR Badge Installs - AIR Badge Installer will not launch an installer when running Safari 7 in Safe Mode. Users will instead see a dialog with a link to more details and workarounds on an Adobe website.
- Adobe Connect Plug-In Install - The Connect Plug-In Express Install will no longer work on Safari 7 in Safe Mode. Users will instead see a dialog with a link to more details on an Adobe website.
- Flash Player Global Settings - When a users launches the Global Settings menu from the Flash Player context menu on Safari 7 in Safe Mode, the user will be taken to the classic SWF-based preferences menu on an Adobe website, instead of the native Flash Player settings UI in the MacOS Control Panel.
- LocalConnection - When a LocalConnection is constructed from a SWF hosted in Safe Mode, it may only establish a connection with other SWFs also hosted in Safe Mode. If a LocalConnection is constructed from a tab with Safe Mode disabled, it will not be able to communicate with a SWF in a Safe Mode tab.
- Developers can detect whether or not a SWF is running in Safe Mode by checking the Boolean ProductManager.isAllowed(). (This is currently unofficial, and it's possible that we may alter it during the API review process.)
Notable Fixes and Enhancements:
- [Mozilla 902630] g1.globo.com hangs Flash Player
- HTTP Live Streaming - HLS Streams created with Apple Media Segmenter now work as expected 
- Resolved an issue introduced in Flash Player Beta 11.9.900.77 where exiting FullScreen mode during video playback on www.ted.com would cause a crash on Windows 
- [Win8] Internet Explorer - Resolved an issue where when zoomed in the browser >=150% , video controls on Youtube where rendered too large after exiting from FullScreen mode 
- [MSFT 84699][Win8] - The EPM notification bar now appears for embedded PDFs with Adobe Reader installed 
- [MSFT 138222][Win8] - Metro/IE10 - Resolves an issue on High-DPI displays where controls are rendered too small on Youtube in FullScreen mode
- [Win8 ARM] Resolves an issue where 4096x4096 textures could not be rendered when the backbuffer is large 
- Multiple Stability Enhancements
About the Beta Channel
Beta Versions of Flash Player are now available for automatic installation via our Background Update service. Please subscribe to automatically install or receive update availability notifications at runtime.
If you would like real-time notification for announcements related to the Flash Player Beta Channel, please subscribe to our Twitter feed @FlashPlayerBeta, or Follow the Flash Player Beta forums by choosing Follow This Forum from the right-hand menu on the Forums page.
You can find additional instructions for getting started with this release here: Flash Player 11.8 Labs Page
Finally, we encourage you to let us know what you think over on our 11.8 Labs forums